Reduce Your Fees
- Choose the account that suits you best
- Choose the best banking package for your needs
- Choose a financial package
- Using overdraft protection
- Using electronic solutions
- Consult a TelNat Specialist
|1. Choose the account that suits you best.
- Are you looking for a transaction account to consolidate all of your day-to-day banking? Well then our Chequing Account is for you!
- Are you hoping to turn a dream project into a reality? Our Special Project Savings Account can help you by automatically transferring fixed amounts from your other National Bank accounts to a special project account on a regular basis.
- Are you looking for a transaction account with an interest rate that goes up as your balance increases?
Need access to your money at all times? A special interest rate is available with the Strategist®4 and Natcan Strategist®4 accounts
- Do you do U.S. dollar transactions? Would you like to open a no-fee transaction account so that you can write cheques in U.S. dollars? Simplify your American purchases with the Progress Account®4 in US$.
View all transaction accounts
|2. Choose the best banking package for your needs.
To choose your ideal package, it’s important to have an idea of how many transactions you do in a month. This includes electronic transactions (ATM, Internet, telephone, Client Card purchase) as well as day-to-day banking.
- Bill payments
- Client Card purchases
- Cheque writing
- Pre-authorized debits
- Drafts and money orders
View all packages
|3. Choosing a financial package.
Our special programs are designed to meet specific expectations. Get more information on the advantages of each package:
seniors 60 and over.
Students and professionals
Financial packages for professionals and students provide access to a range of select products and services. Packages vary according to profession / field of study.
Are you a member of:
Are you a healthcare professional or a student in:
|4. Using overdraft protection.
Overdraft protection is an effective precaution and an excellent financial management tool. Overdraft protection might be right for you if:
- you shop with your Client Card
- you have pre-authorized debits from your transaction account
- you want to avoid the inconvenience and cost of NSF cheques
- you don’t want to see your Client Card purchases declined.
Overdraft protection transfers cash from one of your other transaction accounts, or a personal line of credit, or gets a cash advance from your MasterCard to cover the overdraft. A $5 fee is assessed.
By signing up for this service, you'll have the funds needed to cover cheques, electronic money transfers, Client Card purchases, withdrawals, transfers and bill payments at ABMs and through TelNat agents.
Choosing Overdraft Protection
With a line of credit, added liquidity and overdraft protection, our Virtuoso®4, 1 package puts between $500 and $5,000 at your disposal. This makes unexpected expenses more manageable.
5. Using electronic solutions (ATM, Internet, telephone, direct payment)
With all of our banking packages, access to Electronic Solutions2 is free. Here are some examples of the transactions available through National Bank’s Electronic Solutions:
Internet Banking Solutions
- Save time and money by viewing, receiving, and paying your bills online.
- View your account statement, balance and available balance.
- Receive statements for lines of credit and transaction and investment accounts.
- View your MasterCard statement and transactions .
- Do National Bank investment funds transactions easily and at your convenience.
TelNat Telephone banking solutions
No matter where you are, if you have a touch-tone phone, TelNat Telephone Banking Solutions allow you to:
- monitor activity on your transaction account
- do your day-to-day banking transactions
- get help from a representative.
TelNat: 1 888 TelNat-1 or 514 394-5555
Automated Banking Machines
With your Client Card in-hand, National Bank’s Automated Banking Machines are accessible 24 hours a day. You can:
- do your day-to-day banking transactions
- print a statement of recent transactions
- check your balance
- change your personal identification number (PIN).
Interac Direct Payment®1
Interac Direct Payment®1 is a convenient, safe and fast way to pay merchants directly without having to carry around large amounts of cash.
You can use your Client Card at over one million merchants on the NYCE network in the United States. Once you've confirmed the U.S. dollar amount of your purchase, the amount is converted to Canadian dollars and debited directly from your account.
|6. Consult a TelNat specialist.
Would you like some advice to help you start off on the right foot? National Bank's TelNat specialists can help.
Need information about your transaction or investment accounts? How about information on financing or on our new products and services? A TelNat agent will be happy to help you.
One simple call, and an agent can walk you through all your day-to-day banking transactions.
TelNat is available from 6 a.m. to midnight (EST). Call 1888 TELNAT-1 or 514-394-5555 and follow the instructions.
1 Subject to credit approval by National Bank of Canada. This package does not waive interest charges. The applicable interest rate is National Bank of Canada’s prime rate + 7%. Interest rate is subject to change.
2 Specific browser versions are required to access National Bank’s Internet financial services. Visit ABCs of Security and read the Browser Requirements for Internet Financial Service.
®1 Registered trademark of Interac Inc.
®4 Strategist Account, Progress Account and Virtuoso are registered trademarks of National Bank of Canada.