PLATINUM BUSINESS PROTECTS
The Platinum MasterCard Business card protects you through a comprehensive insurance program that is automatically included with your card.
- Your business is not held responsible for unauthorized use of the card in cases of theft, loss or fraud.
Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty 1
- Most items purchased with your Platinum Business card are automatically insured against loss, theft and damage for a period of 180 days after the purchase date. The item can be replaced, reimbursed or repaired.
- The extended warranty triples, up to a maximum of two additional years, the manufacturer's guarantee. This applies to most new items when the manufacturer's guarantee is valid in Canada, and includes computers and photocopiers, when the purchase is charged in full to the Platinum Business card.
$250,000 Travel Accident Insurance 2
When you use your card to pay for airfare, train fare or any other common carrier, you benefit from insurance of up to $250,000 in the event of death or dismemberment. This insurance also covers persons traveling with you who have been designated as persons covered under the insurance certificate, when the purchase of their tickets has been billed to the Platinum Business account.
Vehicle Rental Insurance1
- Get automatic coverage for collision, fire, theft and vandalism when you rent a vehicle (for a maximum of 48 days) with your Platinum Business card.
- Benefit from insurance that covers your personal effects against theft from and vandalism to your car or hotel room up to a maximum of $2,000 per rental.
- The cardholder, as well as everyone who travels with the cardholder, is entitled to accident insurance covering death or dismemberment, up to a maximum of $50,000.
Flight Delay Insurance 1
- Flight delay coverage of up to $500 per person in case of a delay of more than four hours on a scheduled flight.
Baggage Insurance 1
- Baggage insurance of up to $1,000 per person in case of theft, burglary, disappearance or vandalism. This insurance also provides coverage of up to $500 per person in the event your checked baggage is delayed by more than six hours.
MasterCard Global Service
If your card is lost or stolen while you are abroad, MasterCard Global Service will answer your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and give you the help you need:
- reporting of a lost or stolen card;
- issue of a temporary replacement card if necessary;
- cash advances within hours almost anywhere in the world.
Wherever you travel, you will find the toll-free MasterCard Global Service number at your hotel or in the telephone directory under “MasterCard Global Service”.
Comprehensive Program – Insurance Certificate
For all the details on the program, see the insurance certificate.
Platinum Business personal protection insurance programs offered by Blue Cross (optional) [Details]
* Certain restrictions apply. Visit www.mastercard.ca to find out more.
1 Insurance provided by Canassurance Insurance Company.
2 National Bank Life Insurance Company. Certain conditions and restrictions apply.