|Minimum credit limit
Generous and flexible À la carte Rewards Plan geared to travellers
Each time you make a purchase with your Platinum MasterCard, you earn points that can be redeemed for great rewards! For each dollar spent, you earn 1.5 points.
- Use your Platinum card for every day purchases
- Earn 1.5 point for every dollar charged to your credit card
- Redeem your points at the online Boutique and discover a variety of rewards including many available exclusively on the website!
What's more, as a Platinum cardholder, you enjoy greater flexibility when making travel plans:
- Choose your own travel agency;
- Travel when you want, on the airline of your choice;
- Take advantage of last-minute discounts and seat sales;
- Redeem your points for any service offered by a travel agency, online agency or airline;
- Pay with points only or combine your points and your Platinum MasterCard.
|More than 50,000 points
||Above 50,000 points in the same transaction, each additional block of 10,000 points entitles you to $100 in travel savings
Extensive insurance and assistance program
Vehicle rental insurance
- Out-of-Province-of-Residence Medical/Hospital Insurance.
Up to $5,000,000.
Maximum trip coverage period varies with cardholder age.
||Maximum Trip Length
|54 and under
|55 to 64
|65 to 74
Trips exceeding the maximum admissible length will not be covered by the Medical/Hospital Insurance. Insurance covers main cardholder, spouse and dependent children.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance up to $2,500 per person.
- Trip Interruption Insurance up to $5,000 per person.
- Flight Delay Insurance up to $500 per person for any flight delay of 4 hours or more.
- Baggage Insurance up to $1,000 per person in case of theft, break-in, loss or vandalism, and up to $500 per person should your checked baggage arrive more than 6 hours late.
Medical, general and legal assistance3
- Liability coverage in case of collision, theft or damage to a rented vehicle, charged to your Platinum MasterCard, for a rental period of 48 days or less.
- Coverage of up to $2,000 during the vehicle rental period against loss, theft or damage to your personal effects.
- 24-Hour toll-free number for medical, administrative and legal problems, anywhere in the world.
- You will be referred to a lawyer in the event of an emergency, even if you are abroad.
- If necessary, bail and legal fees can be paid by means of a cash advance on your credit card.
- Assistance if your baggage is lost or stolen.
- Assistance replacing travel documents and tickets that are lost or stolen while you're away.
- Emergency cash transfers.
Annual statement helps you manage your finances
Once a year, you'll receive a comprehensive statement listing all charges to your Platinum MasterCard.
More than a card: protection3 you can count on
- MasterCard's Zero Liability4
Protects you against all liability if unauthorized purchases are made with your credit card.
This coverage extends to purchases made in-store, over the telephone and online.
- Purchase insurance
Provides coverage in case of theft or damage for a period of 180 days following the date of purchase.
- Extended warranty
Triples the original warranty period, up to two additional years.
1 Subject to credit approval by National Bank.
2 Services offered and insured by Canassurance, a subsidiary of Blue Cross.
3 Certain conditions and restrictions apply. Consult in-branch documentation for details.
4 Certain conditions and restrictions apply. Visit mastercard.ca for more information
Consult the credit card's terms and conditions »