MasterCard Credit Cards
19.99% / $125 per year
Regular annual interest rate on balance transfers and cash advances
Rewards Plan: Included
Minimum credit limit
$1,000 minimum (depending on your credit file)
- Earn points that can be redeemed for an outstanding variety of rewards.
- Travel when and where you want and take advantage of discounts and seat sales.
- Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with superior insurance and assistance program, which includes Medical/Hospital Insurance.
- Receive an annual statement listing all charges to your card.
- Protect your purchases with an insurance program you can count on.
Each time you make a purchase with your Platinum MasterCard, you earn points that can be redeemed for great rewards! For each dollar spent, you earn 1.5 points.
- Use your Platinum card for every day purchases
- Earn 1.5 point for every dollar charged to your credit card
- Redeem your points at the online Boutique and discover a variety of rewards including many available exclusively on the website!
- Choose your own travel agency;
- Travel when you want, on the airline of your choice;
- Take advantage of last-minute discounts and seat sales;
- Redeem your points for any service offered by a travel agency, online agency or airline;
- Pay with points only or combine your points and your Platinum MasterCard.
|Points redeemed||Travel discount|
|More than 50,000 points||Above 50,000 points in the same transaction, each additional block of 10,000 points entitles you to $100 in travel savings|
Out-of-Province-of-Residence Medical/Hospital Insurance.
Up to $5,000,000.
Maximum trip coverage period varies with cardholder age.
|Age||Maximum Trip Length|
|54 and under||60 days|
|55 to 64||
|65 to 74||15 days|
Trips exceeding the maximum admissible length will not be covered by the Medical/Hospital Insurance. Insurance covers main cardholder, spouse and dependent children.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance up to $2,500 per person.
- Trip Interruption Insurance up to $5,000 per person.
- Flight Delay Insurance up to $500 per person for any flight delay of 4 hours or more.
- Baggage Insurance up to $1,000 per person in case of theft, break-in, loss or vandalism, and up to $500 per person should your checked baggage arrive more than 6 hours late.
Vehicle rental insurance
Liability coverage in case of collision, theft or damage to a rented vehicle, charged to your Platinum MasterCard, for a rental period of 48 days or less.
Coverage of up to $2,000 during the vehicle rental period against loss, theft or damage to your personal effects.
Medical, general and legal assistance 3
24-Hour toll-free number for medical, administrative and legal problems, anywhere in the world.
You will be referred to a lawyer in the event of an emergency, even if you are abroad.
If necessary, bail and legal fees can be paid by means of a cash advance on your credit card.
Assistance if your baggage is lost or stolen.
Assistance replacing travel documents and tickets that are lost or stolen while you're away.
Emergency cash transfers.
Once a year, you'll receive a comprehensive statement listing all charges to your Platinum MasterCard.
- MasterCard's Zero Liability4
Protects you against all liability if unauthorized purchases are made with your credit card.
This coverage extends to purchases made in-store, over the telephone and online.
- Purchase insurance
Provides coverage in case of theft or damage for a period of 180 days following the date of purchase.
- Extended warranty
Triples the original warranty period, up to two additional years.
Consult the insurance certificate 566 kB - 13 pages.
1 Subject to credit approval by National Bank.
2 Services offered and insured by Canassurance, a subsidiary of Blue Cross.
3 Certain conditions and restrictions apply. Consult in-branch documentation for details.
4 Certain conditions and restrictions apply. Visit mastercard.ca for more information
Consult the credit card's terms and conditions »
Travel in total freedom, leave when you want and travel how you want, all while taking advantage of one of the most complete insurance programs. Annual interest rate of 21.99% for cash advances and balance transfers.
|Minimum credit limit||$1,000|
|Annual fee for primary card||$125|
|Annual fee for additional card||No fee|
|Regular annual interest rate on purchases||19.99%|
|À la carte Rewards Plan||Description||Travel without restrictions, gift certificates and À la carte Extras.|
|Points||$1 in purchases = 1.5 points|
|Reward's annual fee||Included|
|Trip cancellation insurance||Up to $2,500|
|Trip interruption insurance||Up to $5,000 for an emergency return|
|Out-of-Province-of-Residence Medical/Hospital Insurance||Yes|
|Flight delay insurance||Up to $500 (over 4 hours)|
|Baggage loss and theft insurance||Up to $1,000|
|Baggage delay insurance||Up to $500 (over 6 hours)|
|Purchase insurance||For a period of 180 days following the purchase date|
|Extended warranty on purchases||Triples the manufacturer's guarantee up to two additional years|
|Vehicle rental insurance||For a period of 48 days against collision, theft or damage (theft of personal effects $2,000)|
|Travel insurance/Accident insurance while aboard a common carrier||No|
|Medical, general and legal assistance||Yes|
|Other interesting features|
Benefit from the most complete coverage program: trip insurance and purchase protection.
You choose the travel agency, the airline, the travel dates and the destination.