Guidelines and Advice
Why should I contribute to an RRSP?
- With an RRSP, you can defer paying taxes on the amounts you invest up until the time you withdraw that money.
- Income and capital gains generated by your investments grow tax-free until you start withdrawing that money.
- Since your tax rate in retirement is likely to be lower than you working tax rate, you'll have more freedom to maintain your lifestyle.
- Maximum contribution
- Maximize your RRSP (example)
- Use your RRSP
- Plan your retirement
- Home Buyer's Plan (HBP)
- Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP)
- The 7 golden rules of investing
- Diversify your investments
- Improve the return on your investments
- Define your investment strategy
- Save for your children's education
- Reduce income taxes on your investments