If you're 60 or over, a chequing account with the Perspective program is exactly right for you.
22 transactions per month for only $3.95/month1
- two teller-assisted withdrawals or transfers or bill payments
- 20 electronic transactions2
- no monthly flat-fee for holders of an OVATION Gold®4 MasterCard.
Would you rather have unlimited transactions, or an integrated line of credit that provides overdraft protection and helps pay for small projects?
Cardholders 60 or older are currently entitled to a monthly $5 rebate on AccessPlus and Virtuoso®4 packages. And as an OVATION Gold cardholder, you qualify for an additional 50% off the already reduced monthly fees for these two packages, up to a maximum of $5 per month.
1 User fees for the Interac®1 and CIRRUS®3 ABM network are extra. No additional fees for use of THE EXCHANGE®5 ATM network. Excess transaction fees are billed at the regular rate.
2 Internet Banking Solutions, Telephone Banking Solutions (TelNat), automated banking machines and client card purchases.
®1 Registered trademark of Interac Inc.
®3 Registered trademark of CIRRUS SYSTEMS Inc.
®4 OVATION Gold is a registered trademark of National Bank of Canada
®5 Registered trademark of Fiserv Inc.
- No-charge services: American Express®2 Travellers Cheques (except American Express®2Travellers Cheques For Two), one order of 100 personalized cheques per year (shipping extra), certified cheques, bank money orders (C$ and US$), Canadian and foreign currency bank drafts, etc.
- Account management (online1 or paper statement)
- Monthly subscription to Automated Services and Electronic Banking Solutions2
Internet Banking Solutions
Automatic Banking Machines
Telephone Banking Solutions (TelNat)
Interac Direct Payments
1 On our Internet Banking Solutions
2 Specific browser versions are required to access National Bank’s Internet financial services. Visit ABCs of Security and read the Browser Requirements for Internet Financial Service.
®2 Registered trademark of American Express Company US. AUT Copyright; American Express Canada Inc. 1992 SS-010-E.
View the list of services and fees
Open a chequing account with the Perspective program
*Please note that we will be able to process your request remotely under the following conditions:
- No joint application or for a third party
- You live in the province of Quebec or of Ontario
- You have an existing credit history of 6 months or more and you already have a cheque account with another Canadian financial institution.
- Personal information (e.g. name, date of birth, contact information)
- Employment information (e.g. name of your employer, annual income)
After submitting your application form:
- A customer service representative will contact you by e-mail within 2 business days.
- Please also note that a client-card will be mailed out to you within the next 10 business days following the opening of your account.
For more information, you can call us between 6 a.m. and midnight, 7 days a week at 514-394-5555 or 1-888-TelNat-1 (outside Montreal).
Back to Chequing Account