Nursing and Practical Nursing
Do you dream of focusing on your studies as opposed to your finances? By taking advantage of National Bank’s package for nursing and practical nursing students, you can benefit from all the financial flexibility and peace of mind you need to succeed.
This package is an advantage available to the following individuals and holders of the National Bank Platinum MasterCard®,1 related to the package:
- Full-time students enrolled in a:
- post-secondary level in nursing or practical nursing
- university level in nursing sciences
This Financial package gives you acces to a multitude of advantages on select products and services. There is no annual fee for this financial package for the first two years2. Thereafter, the annual fee of $1253 will apply.
Your spouse can enjoy the personal banking advantages of the package by signing up for the additional included MasterCard6.
1 Financing subjet to credit approval by National Bank. Certain conditions apply.
2 Two years after the Platinum card is issued, the annual fee in effect at that time will be billed automatically and will appear on the account statement. A maximum of two years with no fees per person.
3 The $125 annual fee will be billed automatically and will appear on the monthly Platinum MasterCard account statement. The credit terms and conditions for the National Bank Platinum MasterCard are described in the information box and on the back of the application form included in the ''Sign Up'' section.
4 Bank account with chequing privileges.
5 Financing subject to credit approval by National Bank. Certain conditions apply. A guarantor who meets the Bank's criteria may be required. The annual amount is based on your personal budgetary requirements. Gradual limit increases are possible.
6 For financial packages, only the spouse of the primary cardholder is eligible for an additional card.
® MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Inc. Authorized user: National Bank of Canada.
Automated services included
|Client Card purchases in Interac®, NYCE®1et Maestro®2 networks|
|Transactions at National Bank banking machines1 or branch counters:
withdrawals, transfers, bill payments and withdrawals for bill payments
transfers, transfers to another person and bill payments
Cheques and debits included
|Cheque and preauthorized debits|
|200 personalized cheques per year|
Other services included
|Online or mailed account statement or passbook|
|Use of THE EXCHANGE®3 banking machine network|
( Included in the package)
1 User fees for Interac® banking machine and point-of-sale network and the Cirrus®4 banking machine network are also payable. No additional fees apply for use of THE EXCHANGE ®3 banking machine network.
2 Certain browsers versions are required to access National Bank's Internet banking services. For information, go to nbc.ca/browsers.
® Registered trademark of Interac Inc.
®1 NYCE is a registered trademark of NYCE Corporation.
®2 Maestro is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Inc. Currency exchange charges apply. For complete details about transactions in foreign currencies, please refer to the Agreement Governing the Use of Automated Services and Electronic Banking Solutions, available in branches or at nbc.ca. Transactions in foreign currencies other than U.S. dollars will first be converted into U.S. dollars and then converted into Canadian dollars.
®3 Registered trademark of Fiserv Inc.
®4 Registered trademark of MasterCard International inc.
Student line of credit1
The National Bank Student Line of Credit is a convenient and flexible solution for:
- Financing all your annual tuition and education-related expenses
- Designed as a regular Chequing account: you can access your funds at any time via Client-Card purchases, Electronic Banking Solutions or cheques.
Main advantages :
- Advantageous interest rate
- Credit limit established according to your needs
- Only the interest on the principal used has to be repaid monthly during your full-time studies
- Option of deferring principal payments for up to 12 months after you complete your studies, within your credit limit. However, interest accrues during that period. Only interest and insurance premium payments (if applicable) must be made monthly
- Your repayment period can be as long as 7 years after the end of your full-time studies.
Annual credit limit:
You can review and increase your credit limit1 each year according to your needs and level of studies.
|Level||Amount authorized per year1||Maximum amount authorized|
College or professional school
Transactional free services :
Client-Card purchases in Interac®, NYCE®1 and Maestro Networks®2
Cheques and preauthorized debits
Transactions at National Bank banking machines2: withdrawals, transfers, bill payments and withdrawals for bill payments
Online transactions3: transfers, transfers to another person and bill payments
200 personalized cheques per year
Online or mailed account statement
For more information regarding the advantages and conditions of the National Bank's Student line of credit, please visit our advisors at the nearest nearest branch.
Interested in this Package?
1 Subject to credit approval by National Bank of Canada. Certain conditions apply. A guarantor who meets the Bank's criteria may be required. The annual amount is based on your personal budgetary requirements. Gradual limit increases are possible.
2 User fees for the ABM network, Interac® outlets, and the Cirrus®3 network are also payable. No additional fees apply for the use of THE EXCHANGE®4 banking machine network.
3 Certain browser versions are required to access National Bank's Internet banking services. For information, go to nbc.ca/browsers.
® Registered trademark of Interac Inc.
®1 NYCE is a registered trademark of NYCE Corporation.
®2 Maestro is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Inc. Currency exchange charges apply. For complete details about transactions in foreign currencies, please refer to the Agreement Governing the Use of Automated Services and Electronic Banking Solutions, available in branches or at bnc.ca. Transactions in foreign currencies other than U.S. dollars will first be converted into U.S. dollars and the converted into Canadian dollars.
®3 Registered trademark of MasterCard International inc.
®4 Registered trademark of Fiserv Inc.
A flexible, rewarding tool, your Platinum MasterCard lets you travel with complete freedom and peace of mind.
19.99% Purchases / $125 per year
|Cash advances and balance transfers rate||
No annual fee (included)
|Minimum credit limit||
Generous and flexible À la carte Rewards Plan geared to travellers
Each time you make a purchase with your Platinum MasterCard, you earn points that can be redeemed for great rewards! For each dollar spent, you earn 1.5 points.
- Use your Platinum card for every day purchases
- Earn 1.5 point for every dollar charged to your credit card
- Redeem your points at the online Boutique and discover a variety of rewards including many available exclusively on the website!
How to earn points faster
- Use your credit card to pay for your everyday expenses such as groceries, gas, bills, etc.
- Ask for an additional card for your spouse or anyone else. Their purchases will be added to your balance thereby generating more points for you!
Out-of-Province-of-Residence Medical/Hospital Insurance
UP TO $5,000,000.
Maximum trip coverage period is calculated based on age.
|Person aged||Maximum Trip Lenght|
54 and under
55 to 64
65 to 74
If the trip exceeds the number of days allotted, it will not be covered by the Medical/Hospital Insurance. Coverage applies to Primary cardholder, their spouse and any dependent children.
- Trip Interruption Insurance up to $5,000 per person
- Flight Delay Insurance up to $500 per person for any flight delay of 4 hours or more
- Baggage Insurance up to $1,000 per person in case of theft, break-in, loss or vandalism, and up to $500 per person should your checked baggage arrive more than 6 hours late
Vehicle rental insurance
- Liability coverage in case of collision, theft or damage to a rented vehicle, charged to your Platinum MasterCard, for a rental period of 48 days or less
- Coverage of up to $2,000 during the vehicle rental period against loss, theft or damage to your personal effects
Medical, general and legal assistance4
- In case of a medical, administrative or legal problem, you can get help anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, by calling a toll-free number
- You will be referred to a lawyer in the event of an emergency, even if you are abroad
- If necessary, bail and legal fees can be paid by means of a cash advance from your credit card
- Assistance if your baggage is lost or stolen
- Assistance replacing travel documents and tickets that are lost or stolen while you're away
- Emergency cash transfers
Travel when and where you want !
What's more, with the Platinum MasterCard rewards plan, you enjoy greater flexibility when making travel plans. You can:
- Choose your own travel agency
- Travel when you want, with the airline of your choice
- Take advantage of last-minute discounts and seat sales
- Redeem your points for any service offered by a travel agency, online interactive agency or airline;
- Pay with points only or combine your points and your Platinum MasterCard
|Points exchanged||Travel savings|
|More than 50,000 points||When you exchange more than 50,000 points, each additional block of 10,000 points entitles you to $100 in travel savings|
1 Subject to credit approval by National Bank of Canada. Certain conditions apply.
2 Subject to credit approval by National Bank of Canada. Certain conditions apply. Grace period: No interest will be charged on the purchases made during the month if the balance is paid in full within twenty-one (21) days of the date of the statement. This grace period does not apply to cash advances and balance transfers. Minimum payment: the minimum payment to be made to the Bank every period shall be equal to 3% of the unpaid balance indicated on the monthly statement or a minimum of $10, whichever amount is higher (or the new unpaid balance if it is lower than $10). Account statement: a statement of account is sent on a monthly basis.
Examples of interest charges for a 30-day period at the rate applicable on February 1, 2014:
Annual interest rate
Cash advances and balance transfers
|3||Two years after the card is issued, the annual fee in effect at that time will be billed automatically and will appear on the account statement.|
Services offered and insured by CanAssurance, a subsidiary of Blue Cross.
MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Inc. Authorized user: National Bank of Canada.
To be eligible to the Financial Package for students in nursing and practical nursing, you must:
- Be a full-time post-secondary nursing or practical nursing student or university level nursing sciences student
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- Hold the National Bank Platinum MasterCard related to the package
- Visit your branch once a year to update your file
- Two pieces of identification, proof of your status as a full-time student and your most recent transcript will be requested
For more information, your may contact our counsellors at the following number: