The table below details the ratings assigned to National Bank's securities by the following credit rating organizations.
|Moody's||Standard & Poor's||DBRS(4)||Fitch(5)|
|Short-Term Debt||P-1||A-1||R-1 (mid)||F1+|
|Canadian Commercial Paper||A-1 (mid)|
|Long-Term Deposits||Aa3||AA (low)||AA-|
|Long-Term Non Bail-inable Senior Debt(1)||Aa3||A||AA (low)||AA-|
|Senior Debt(2)||A3||BBB+||A (high)||A+|
|NVCC Subordinated Debt||Baa2 (hyb)||BBB||BBB (high)|
|NVCC Preferred Shares||Ba1 (hyb)||P-3 (high)||Pfd-2 (low)|
|Covered Bonds Programme||Aaa||AAA||AAA|
(1) Includes Senior Debt issued prior to September 23, 2018 and Senior Debt issued on or after September 23, 2018
which is excluded from the Bank Recapitalization (Bail-in) Regime.
(2) Subject to conversion under the Bank Recapitalization (Bail-in) Regime.
(3) Moody's terminology is Counterparty Risk Rating while Fitch's terminology is Derivative Counterparty Rating.
(4) On July 29, 2019, DBRS Limited (DBRS) changed the trend on all ratings of National Bank of Canada and its related entities
to Positive from Stable.
(5) On January 17, 2020, Fitch Ratings upgraded NBC’s Legacy Senior Debt, Derivative Counterparty Rating and Long-Term Deposit
ratings to AA-. In addition, it also upgraded NBC’s Short-Term Debt rating to F1+.
Credit ratings must not be construed as recommendations to purchase, sell or hold securities of the Bank. Ratings may not reflect the potential impact of all risks. Ratings may be revised or withdrawn at any time by the rating agencies.
Update: January 17, 2020