National Bank employees and retirees make a $3.39 million donation to United Way/Centraide
Pictured: Representing National Bank, Laurent Ferreira, Executive Vice-President and Managing Director – Derivatives and Geneviève Brouillard, Vice-President – Personal Banking, Eastern Quebec (in the centre), alongside sector representatives, present the cheque to Lili-Anna Pereša, Executive Director of Centraide of Greater Montreal. (Photo credit: Maxime Côté)
More than $16 million dollars in donations collected over the past five years
National Bank employees and retirees once again rallied to support United Way/Centraide by making a $3.39 million donation.
- This $3.39 million donation includes funds collected from thousands of Bank employees and retirees across Canada, plus a corporate donation.
- The Bank's 39th United Way Centraide campaign was led by three campaign co-governors:
- Laurent Ferreira, Executive Vice-President and Managing Director – Derivatives and Equities
- Geneviève Brouillard, Vice-President – Personal Banking, Eastern Quebec
- Laurent Blanchard, President – National Bank Direct Brokerage
- During the 2016 campaign, Bank employees and retirees once again rallied behind the cause by:
- Working on the campaign committee
- Promoting the campaign in all Bank units Canada-wide
- Raising funds
- Cheering on the Bank's team at the Centraide Cup
"National Bank expresses its commitment to the communities it serves through a number of initiatives, including raising funds for United Way/Centraide. The funds collected will support organizations and volunteers across Canada who fight against poverty and exclusion and help thousands of people every day," noted Louis Vachon, President and Chief Executive Officer of National Bank.
About National Bank of Canada
With $232 billion in assets as at October 31, 2016, National Bank of Canada, together with its subsidiaries, forms one of Canada’s leading integrated financial groups. The Bank has more than 21,000 employees and is widely recognized as a top employer. The Bank's securities are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: NA). Follow the Bank’s activities at nbc.ca or via social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
|Advisor - Public Relations|