National Bank presents its 2018 Social Responsibility Report
National Bank is proud to present the 2018 edition of its Social Responsibility Report and would like to take this opportunity to thank all its employees, retired employees and clients. Thanks to their collaboration, National Bank gave tens of millions of dollars to the community in 2018, supported hundreds of organizations, and made a positive impact on the lives of people throughout the country.
The Social Responsibility Report is available at nbc.ca/socialresponsibility.
A few highlights
- A new eco-responsible head office underway in Montreal. The building will be designed in accordance with the highest environmental and employee well-being standards and promote the use of materials and services from Quebec and Canada.
- Numerous fundraising campaigns: United Way/Centraide, Canadian Red Cross, JDRF and many charity sports challenges, carried out with the participation of our employees, retired employees and clients.
- A web-controlled remote system that saves millions of kilowatt hours of electricity and thousands of cubic metres of natural gas annually.
- A framework allowing for a first issue of sustainable bonds to finance projects and organizations that help protect the environment or aim to generate positive socioeconomic benefits.
- Ranking in the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index, an international distinction that recognizes corporate commitment in this area.
- A modern employee experience driven by collaborative workspaces and the continued rollout of a branch concept that emphasizes technology and the customer experience.
- A technological transformation supported by partnerships with several local fintechs and major achievements in artificial intelligence and blockchain technology, thanks primarily to two initiatives with investment bank J.P. Morgan.
- Support of almost all Quebec-based startup incubators and accelerators.
About National Bank of Canada
With $263 billion in assets as at January 31, 2019, National Bank of Canada, together with its subsidiaries, forms one of Canada's leading integrated financial groups. It has more than 23,000 employees in knowledge-intensive positions and has been recognized numerous times as a top employer and for its commitment to diversity. Its securities are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: NA). Follow the Bank's activities at nbc.ca or via social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
|Information (The telephone number provided below is for the exclusive use of journalists and other media representatives):|
|Senior Advisor – Public Affairs and Corporate Social Responsibility|
|National Bank of Canada|
|Tel. : 514-394-5684|