National Bank to Donate $1 Million to Food Banks, Vulnerable Groups and the Canadian Red Cross
National Bank will donate $1 million to support several community organizations that help vulnerable people across the country. These organizations have to quickly respond to increased demand resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. The funds will be distributed to a number of food banks from coast to coast, two organizations that support women in vulnerable situations, and the Canadian Red Cross campaign.
Members of the public can also make a donation to the Canadian Red Cross campaign using the organization’s online platform. National Bank credit card holders can use their rewards points to make a donation on the Bank’s à la carte rewards online platform.
“I'd like to commend the work of all community sector employees and volunteers who are currently on the front lines protecting vulnerable citizens and meeting their basic needs,” said Louis Vachon, President and Chief Executive Officer of National Bank. “For many years now, National Bank has been supporting hundreds of organizations that play a key role in Canada's social and economic development, even during uncertain socio-economic times like these.”
List of recipient organizations
· Food Banks of Quebec
· Feed Ontario
· The Greater Vancouver Food Bank
· The Calgary Food Bank
· Edmonton's Food Bank
· Winnipeg Harvest
· Food Banks of Saskatchewan
· New Brunswick Food Depot
· The Community Food Sharing Association of Newfoundland and Labrador
· Feed Nova Scotia
· P.E.I. Association of Food Banks
Organizations helping vulnerable groups
· The Women's Y Foundation Montreal
· The Quebec City YWCA
· The Canadian Red Cross
National Bank’s recent donations
- $500,000 to the United Way Centraide COVID-19 Community Response and Recovery Fund intended to support those in communities most affected by the pandemic.
- $50,000 to the Breakfast Club of Canada emergency fund to provide nutritional support to thousands of children and their families.
- National Bank is also donating its advertising airtime and its scheduled social media ads to support Héma-Québec as it encourages citizens to donate blood.
About National Bank of Canada
With $289 billion in assets as at January 31, 2020, National Bank of Canada, together with its subsidiaries, forms one of Canada's leading integrated financial groups. It has more than 26,000 employees in knowledge-intensive positions and has been recognized numerous times as a top employer and for its commitment to diversity. Its securities are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: NA). Follow the Bank’s activities at nbc.ca or via social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
|Vice President – Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility|
|National Bank of Canada|