Clarification concerning the Les Ailes MasterCard
Further to the sale of the Les Ailes banner and stores to The Fairweather Group, National Bank, in agreement with the Groupe Les Ailes de La Mode, decided to eliminate the Les Ailes MasterCard. In view of this decision, the Bank would like to clarify some matters concerning this card.
- The Les Ailes MasterCard card will not longer be valid as of November 1, 2005;
- However, Les Ailes MasterCard holders will not lose their bonus points;
- They will have the choice of applying for the new Allure card or another MasterCard product;
- Clients who chose the Allure card or another card with a rewards program will be able to transfer their points;
- Clients who do not apply for another MasterCard credit card will have until November 30, 2005 to exchange their points;
- If clients require further information, they can contact National Bank’s Card Services Department anytime at (514) 394-1427 (Montreal area) or toll-free at 1-888-622-2783.
Les Ailes MasterCard holders who opt for the Allure card will benefit from a host of advantages, including:
- a 10% savings every time they purchase regular-priced or discounted items at nearly 300 participating retailers, including San Francisco, Terra Nostra, La Vie en Rose and marie claire boutiques;
- attractive promotions that let them take advantage of special offers at other partners such as Dans un jardin, Clément and Spa le Scandinave;
- a rich and varied rewards program where they can exchange their points (they get one point for every dollar charged to their card) for brand-name merchandise, gift certificates, travel discounts and more;
- a donation to the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation, with National Bank giving a portion of all purchases charged annually by all Allure cardholders to this worthy cause;
- an insurance program that includes purchase insurance and an extended warranty;
- a free, one-year subscription to a magazine of their choice, selected from a list of popular publications.
About National Bank
National Bank of Canada is an integrated group which provides comprehensive financial services to consumers, small and medium-sized enterprises and large corporations in its core market, while offering specialized services to its customers elsewhere in the world. National Bank offers a full array of banking services, including corporate and investment banking. It is an active player on international capital markets and, through its subsidiaries, is involved in securities brokerage, insurance and wealth management, as well as mutual fund and retirement plan management. National Bank has close to $100 billion in assets and, together with its subsidiaries, employs 17,049 people. The Bank’s securities are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (NA: TSX). For more information, visit the Bank’s website at www.nbc.ca.
Information (The telephone number provided below is for the exclusive use of journalists and other media representatives):
Director – Public Relations
National Bank of Canada
Tel.: (514) 394-8644