Press Releases

National Bank Insurance Auto | Home is Proud to be a Major Partner of the In Town, Without My Car! Event

Montreal, 27 August 2013 -

National Bank Insurance Auto | Home is proud to announce its new major partnership with the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) for the In Town, Without My Car! event. This initiative, which promotes the use of public transit in the Greater Montreal area, encourages residents to change their lifestyle through a series of festivities taking place from August 26 to September 20, 2013.

"Reducing greenhouse gas emissions and improving quality of life in urban centres are major concerns for National Bank Insurance Auto | Home. On many occasions, we have demonstrated our commitment to helping reach these objectives, by offering discounts and incentives to public transit users. This partnership with the AMT and In Town, Without My Car! reaffirms our desire to support a lifestyle that respects our environment," said Denis Blackburn, Vice-President and General Manager – National Bank Insurance Auto | Home.

From August 29 to September 20, ambassadors from National Bank Insurance Auto | Home will be present at more than 25 locations in the AMT network, offering a $50 prize applicable to public transit fares for users who are new car insurance policyholders with National Bank Insurance Auto | Home.

"Whether it's in the context of this partnership with the AMT or through our overall offering, one of our objectives is to reward public transit users. In addition to this prize, which is exclusive to the In Town, Without My Car! event, we always offer a discount of up to 35% off the premium to our policyholders who frequently take the bus, train or metro," added Denis Blackburn.

In addition to its presence in the AMT network throughout the programming of In Town, Without My Car!, National Bank Insurance Auto | Home will be on hand for Montreal's 11th annual In Town, Without My Car! day on September 20. That day, residents will be encouraged to leave their cars at home and come to Victoria Square to take part in activities organized by the AMT and its partners.

About National Bank Insurance Auto | Home
National Bank General Insurance is a property and casualty insurance firm under the National Bank Insurance banner that provides direct access to car and home insurance for individuals in Quebec. Through our Client Contact Centre, we receive and handle thousands of calls every day from consumers interested in a quote for their car and home insurance.

Visit for a free quote for car insurance or tenant insurance. For a home insurance quote, call one of our agents directly at 1-877-871-7500 or 514-871-7500. For more information, please visit

About National Bank of Canada
With $185 billion in assets as at April 30, 2013, National Bank of Canada ( together with its subsidiaries, forms one of Canada’s leading integrated financial groups, and has been named among the 20 strongest banks in the world by Bloomberg Markets. The Bank has close to 20,000 employees and is widely recognized as a top employer. Its securities are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: NA). Follow the Bank’s activities via social media and learn more about its extensive community involvement at  and

Information (The telephone number provided below is for the exclusive use of journalists and other media representatives.):

Jean-François Cadieux
Senior Manager – Public Affairs
National Bank