National Bank ranked among the 50 Best Employers in Canada for the 10th time
National Bank is proud to announce that it has again been named to the list of the 50 Best Employers in Canada. This 10th nomination demonstrates the sustained commitment of employees and their confidence in the organization.
"Our more than 20,000 employees are the Bank's best ambassadors. They are at the heart of the action every day and play a key role in our interactions with clients and partners. That's why our employees are among our greatest assets," said Lynn Jeanniot, Executive Vice-President – Human Resources and Corporate Affairs. "This distinction is especially meaningful, as it reflects employees' appreciation of the Bank and the work environment we provide for them."
The 50 Best Employers in Canada ranking is compiled every year by Aon Hewitt, a consulting firm recognized for the quality of its research on workplace environments, as a way to measure employee engagement across the country. It is based on an opinion survey of employees, leaders and human resources professionals of participating businesses.
This latest achievement comes on the heels of several other distinctions the Bank has received in 2014, including:
- Canada’s CEO of the Year (Canadian Business) – This distinction recognizes Louis Vachon’s achievements as President and Chief Executive Officer of one of the country’s largest companies
- Best Employers in Quebec (Aon Hewitt) – National Bank has made the list more times than any other organization since the list was created
- The World’s Greenest Banks (Bloomberg Markets) – The Bank ranked among the top 20 greenest banks in 2014
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers (Mediacorp Canada) – National Bank recognized for a fourth consecutive year
- Montreal’s Top Employers (Mediacorp Canada) – National Bank ranked for a fourth consecutive year
About National Bank of Canada
With $199 billion in assets as at July 31, 2014, National Bank of Canada (www.nbc.ca), together with its subsidiaries, forms one of Canada’s leading integrated financial groups. The Bank has more than 20,000 employees and is widely recognized as a top employer. Its securities are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: NA). Follow the Bank’s activities via social media and learn more about its extensive community involvement at clearfacts.ca and commitment.nationalbank.ca.
Information (The telephone number provided below is for the exclusive use of journalists and other media representatives.):
Manager – Public Affairs