Ensure your fuel purchasing costs remain stable and protect against market price fluctuations
Are your organization's operations affected by fluctuating fuel prices? Whether you're in transportation, municipal affairs, construction or any other industry where fuel purchases represent a substantial expense, fuel swaps provide you with efficient protection against rising prices.
- Protect your profit margins from major fuel price fluctuations while preserving cash reserves
- Improve your company's financial strength with better control over your expenses
- Ensure you stay on schedule and on budget
- Establish your product purchasing costs in advance
- Select the term and the effective date
- Establish specific monthly quantities based on your intended fuel consumption
- Select a currency (USD or CAD)
- Continue to purchase fuel as before
- If the observed price on financial markets is higher than the set swap price, National Bank will pay you the difference on the agreed-upon volume
- If the observed price on financial markets is lower than the swap price, you must pay the difference on the agreed-upon volume to National Bank
Our specialists are ready to meet with you and help you assess your risks and recommend a made-to-measure strategy.