Quebec solidarity tax credit
On July 1, 2011, Revenu Québec will introduce the solidarity tax credit to replace and improve the payment of the Quebec Sales Tax credit, the property tax refund and the credit for individuals living in northern villages.
- Taxpayers who are eligible for the solidarity tax credit will have to register for direct deposit service in order to have the tax credit paid into their bank account.
- No cheques will be issued for solidarity tax credit payments.
- Revenu Québec will make solidarity tax credit payments on a monthly basis.
How to register for direct deposit
Choose one of the following methods:
- Print and complete the Request for Direct Deposit form and mail it to Revenu Québec at the address indicated on the form.
- Go to a National Bank branch and complete the form with a representative.
- Write “VOID” and your name and social insurance number on the front of a blank cheque and enclose it with your income tax return.
- Register directly through the Revenu Québec website at:
Refer to the Quebec government’s FAQ for complete details.
After you register for direct deposit, your income tax refunds and any other tax-related payments to which you are or may be entitled will be deposited directly in your bank account by Revenu Québec.
Direct deposit is a convenient solution!
- Deposits will be made automatically into your bank account so that your funds will be available immediately.
- You can eliminate the risk of lost or stolen cheques.
If you need any additional information:
- Contact National Bank’s customer service centre at 1-888-4-TELNAT (1-888-483-5628) or 514-394-5555.
- Visit the Revenu Québec website at: http://www.revenuquebec.ca/fr/citoyen/credits/default.aspx
|Close this Window|
© NATIONAL BANK FINANCIAL. All rights reserved 2001-2011