Progress Account in U.S $®4
Want day-to-day banking in U.S. dollars? Well then the Progress Account in U.S. $ is for you!
You can build savings and write cheques, all in U.S. currency.
Progressive rate based on account balance size
Access to your funds at all times
You can view your balance and most recent banking transactions using Electronic Banking Solutions1
Internet Banking Solutions
Telephone Banking Solutions (TelNat)
1 Specific browser versions are required to access National Bank’s Internet financial services. Visit ABCs of Security and read the Browser Requirements for Internet Financial Service.
®4 Progress Account is a registered trademark of National Bank of Canada.
- Chequing privileges
- Progressive rate based on size of account balance
- You can opt for an online1 statement, or a paper statement ($2.00/month) or a passbook ($2.25/month)
- Transaction fees and account handling charges payable in US$
(if the minimum monthly balance is less than US$2,500)
- You cannot do transactions in this account via automatic banking machines, Electronic Banking Solutions2 or with a Client Card at a point-of-sale terminal
- Daily interest is paid on the day's closing balance
1 On Internet Banking Solutions.
2 Specific browser versions are required to access National Bank’s Internet financial services. Visit ABCs of Security and read the Browser Requirements for Internet Financial Services.
Open a Progress Account in US$ in a few easy steps.
*Please note that we will be able to process your request remotely under the following conditions :
- No joint application or for a third party
- You live in the province of Quebec or of Ontario
- You have an existing credit history of 6 months or more and you already have a cheque account with another Canadian financial institution.
- Personal information (e.g. name, date of birth, contact information)
- Employment information (e.g. name of your employer, annual income)
After submitting your application form:
- A customer service representative will contact you by e-mail within 2 business days.
- Please also note that a client-card will be mailed out to you within the next 10 business days following the opening of your account.
For more information, you can call us between 6 a.m. and midnight, 7 days a week at 514-394-5555 or 1-888-TelNat-1 (outside Montreal).
Back to all accounts