Automated Banking Machines
New Features in Your ABMs
New, more modern ABMs are opening in your branch. They will be deployed progressively throughout 2017 in all our branches. Efficiently carry out your transactions and have a better experience that simplifies your life!
Watch for the new ABMs in your branch!
To better serve you, we’ve modernized our ABMs by integrating new features. Here's an overview of the new functionalities and updates that will somewhat modify your habits:
The touchscreen improves the ABM’s ergonomics and facilitates its use.
Use the Fast Cash option, available on the main screen, to quickly withdraw $100 from your chequing account.
A Smooth Transition
Here are some transaction tips and information to assist with facilitating the transition.
How does the envelope free deposit work?
- Insert your cash and / or cheques together in the slot provided for deposits.
- The ABM will automatically calculate the amount of cash and cheques deposited.
- You can then validate the summary, and if necessary, modify the transaction before finalizing it.
- You have instant access to the cash portion of your deposit.
How do I complete a bill payment?
Simplify your ABM experience by using our Internet Banking Solutions or downloading our app. Payees registered online, automatically appear in our machines.
- Register the payees you want to pay on the ABM screen. You no longer need to insert an envelope or deposit slip.
- You can then validate your payment and, if necessary, modify the transaction before finalizing it.
- You will receive details of the transaction: invoice paid, account debited and invoice amount on the screen as well as on the transaction receipt.
Government Remittances and removal of passbook updates
It is no longer possible to pay certain government remittances at an ABM. Good news though, the following ones are still accepted:
- Personal taxes following a tax return
- Amount owing on your personal taxes
- Installment payments for your personal taxes
- Notice of Assessment
- Alimony and child support payments
Remittances which can no longer be treated at an ABM can be made in branch or by mail.
It is also no longer possible to update your passbook at an ABM
Manage Everything Online
Our ABMs are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, enabling you to carry out your day-to-day operations at more than 2,000 points of service in Canada and around the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why replace our ABMs?
We want to offer our customers a better experience. These new ABMs will allow you to carry out all transactions quickly and more efficiently, thanks to the addition of certain features and the latest technology.
Is the new touchscreen safe?
The touchscreen has a mirror that allows you to see what happens behind you. We also included a privacy filter to limit the view of information for other customers near the ABM. You can therefore carry out your transactions in complete safety.
Why have you eliminated passbook printers?
The passbook is being used less and less, while there are other interesting options that offer a more complete overview of your banking transactions. The mobile application and your customer profile on the Internet allow you to consult your transactions in real time, anywhere at any time.
Why not use envelopes for deposits and bill payments?
In the digital age, we need to modernize our processes. Our new ABMs include a camera, capable of scanning of cheques and cash. You can deposit 50 items at once. The envelopes are no longer necessary It is better for the environment.
Is it possible to deposit US money?
Our ABMs do not accept American currency. You can continue to make your deposits with a teller, as you currently do.
Will my cash deposit still be withheld?
Now, since the ABM can detect deposited items, you will immediately have access to the total amount of cash deposited. If you deposit a cheque, an amount could be withheld, depending on your agreement limit; as is currently the case.