“You could win $1,000 a week” Contest
1. The “You could win $1,000 a week” contest is organized by National Bank of Canada (the “Contest Organizer”) and takes place in Canada from June 20 to September 4, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
This contest is open to all residents of Canada who have a bank account at National Bank of Canada and who, at the time they enter this contest, have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence. This contest is not open to employees, agents, mandataries or representatives of the Contest Organizer or its subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of materials and services related to this contest, members of their respective immediate family (siblings, children, father, mother), common-law or legal spouse or any person residing with these employees, agents, mandataries and representatives.
3. How to enter
You may enter the contest in one of the following two (2) ways:
3.1. Make an Interac® e-Transfer from an eligible National Bank bank account*
You must do the following during the Contest Period:
1. Log in to Internet Banking Solutions or Mobile Banking Solutions
2. Make an eligible Interac e-Transfer**
Subject to your compliance with these contest rules, the Contest Organizer will enter the personal information associated with your eligible account (first name, last name, full address (including postal code), telephone number (including area code), email address, age, sex, language, account number, managing transit, number of Interac e-Transfers made and CIS number) in its database used for the contest in order to grant you a contest entry. You will obtain one (1) entry in the contest.
* Accounts held by the following are excluded:
- Curator (Quebec only)
- Trustee with beneficiary
- Trustee without beneficiary
- Trustee/trustee account
** Only person-to-person transfers are eligible.
3.2. No purchase necessary
It is possible to enter the contest without making an Interac e-Transfer by sending the Contest Organizer an original handwritten letter of at least 10 lines explaining why you would like to win CDN $1,000. Send this letter, which must also include your first and last name, full address (including postal code), telephone number (including area code) and age, to: “You could win $1,000 a week” Contest (write-in entry), 700 rue de La Gauchetière Ouest, 7th floor, Montreal (Quebec), H3B 4L2 (Transit 6358-1). Your letter must be mailed in an envelope with sufficient postage and postmarked no later than September 6, 2016, or your entry will be void.
Subject to your compliance with these contest rules, the Contest Organizer will enter your personal information as it appears on your write-in entry in its database used for the contest in order to enter you in the contest. You will obtain one (1) entry in the contest.
Write-in entries are subject to the same eligibility criteria as other entries.
4. Contest participation limits
There is no limit to the number of entries per person during the Contest Period, regardless of the manner of participation.
Entries do not carry over from one weekly draw to the next.
There are eleven (11) prizes available to be won during the contest. Each prize consists of CDN $1,000 deposited to the account of the individual selected and declared the winner from which the transfer was made.
6. Random draw
In total, eleven (11) draws will be held to award all the prizes for the contest. The draw will take place at 11:00 a.m. on the following dates at the Contest Organizer's head office at 700 de La Gauchetière Ouest, 7th Floor in Montreal. For each weekly draw, the Contest Organizer will randomly draw one (1) entry from all eligible entries received and registered for that week.
|Draw dates||Period in which an Interac e-Transfer was made (or the write-in entry sent)||Number of prizes awarded|
|Tuesday, July 5, 2016||June 20 to June 26, 2016||1|
|Tuesday, July 12, 2016||June 27 to July 3, 2016||1|
|Tuesday, July 19, 2016||July 4 to July 10, 2016||1|
|Tuesday, July 26, 2016||July 11 to July 17, 2016||1|
|Tuesday, August 2, 2016||July 18 to July 24, 2016||1|
|Tuesday, August 9, 2016||July 25 to July 31, 2016||1|
|Tuesday, August 16, 2016||August 1 to August 7, 2016||1|
|Tuesday, August 23, 2016||August 8 to August 14, 2016||1|
|Tuesday, August 30, 2016||August 15 to August 21, 2016||1|
|Tuesday, September 6, 2016||August 22 to August 28, 2016||1|
|Wednesday, September 14, 2016||August 29 to September 4, 2016 (or September 6 for write-in entries)||1|
7. Chances of winning
The odds that a participant's entry will be selected at random for a prize depend on the number of entries received and registered during the Contest Period in accordance with these rules and the number of entries accumulated by a single participant that week.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
8. To be declared a winner, each selected participant must:
8.1. Be able to be contacted by telephone by the Contest Organizer within ten (10) days of the random draw;
8.2. Correctly answer, without assistance and within a limited period of time, a mathematical skill-testing question asked by the Contest Organizer over the telephone at a time agreed upon in advance;
8.3. Complete and sign a Declaration and Liability Waiver Form (the "Waiver"), which will be sent to him/her by the Contest Organizer, and return it to the Contest Organizer within ten (10) days of its receipt.
9. If a participant whose entry is selected fails to meet one of the above conditions or any other condition provided for in these rules, he/she will be disqualified, and a new random draw may be held in accordance with these rules until such time as a participant is selected and declared the winner. Prizes not awarded will be cancelled.
10. Within ten (10) days of receiving the duly completed Waiver signed by the winner, the Contest Organizer will send him/her a letter informing him/her how to claim his/her prize.
11. All Interac e-Transfers and resulting entries, write-in entries and Waivers are subject to verification by the Contest Organizer. Any transfer and resulting entry, or any write-in entry or Waiver that is incomplete, fraudulent or late, does not allow the Contest Organizer to identify the participant or is otherwise not in compliance with these contest rules will be rejected, in which case it will not qualify, depending on the case, as an entry or for a prize.
12. All decisions by the Contest Organizer or its representatives regarding this contest are final and without appeal, subject to any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, for residents of Quebec, on any matter over which it has jurisdiction.
13. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any person or cancel one or more entries of any individuals who enter or attempt to enter the contest in a manner that is contrary to these contest rules or that is unfair to the other participants. Such individuals may be referred to the competent judicial authorities.
14. All prizes must be accepted as described in these contest rules and may not be transferred to another individual or substituted for another prize.
15. Selected participants hold the Contest Organizer, its advertising and promotion agencies, employees, agents, mandataries and representatives harmless from any and all damages they may incur as a result of the acceptance or use of the prize, notably any tax impact. In order to be declared a winner and prior to receiving their prize, the selected participants undertake to sign a Waiver to that effect.
16. Subject to approval, if required, from the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, the Contest Organizer reserves the right at all times, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest, in whole or in part, if any event or human intervention occurs that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the contest as provided for in these rules.
17. The Contest Organizer in no way guarantees that the contest websites, Internet and Mobile Banking Solutions, and/or any related site will be accessible or operational without interruption for the duration of the Contest Period or that it will be free of errors.
18. The Contest Organizer will not be liable for the malfunction of any computer hardware, software or communication line resulting in the loss or absence of a network communication, or any faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or deleted transmission by a computer or network that could limit or prevent an individual from participating in this contest. The Contest Organizer will also not be liable for any damage or loss caused, either directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by downloading any Internet page, software or other component, or transmitting any information in order to participate in the contest.
19. In the event that the computer system is unable to register all entries during the Contest Period, for any reason, or participation in the contest must be ended in whole or in part prior to the date set out in these contest rules, the Contest Organizer may, at its discretion, conduct the draw from the duly registered entries received during the Contest Period or, if applicable, up to the date of the event that ended participation in the contest.
20. Under no circumstances will the Contest Organizer be required to award more prizes or award a prize otherwise than in accordance with these rules.
21. By entering this contest, the participant selected and declared to have won the prize authorizes the Contest Organizer and its representatives to use, if required, his/her first and last name, photograph, likeness, statements about the prize, place of residence and/or voice for advertising purposes, without any compensation of any kind. A statement to this effect will be included in the Waiver.
22. By participating or attempting to participate in this contest, all individuals agree to release the Contest Organizer, its subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as their employees, agents, mandataries and representatives from any and all liability for any damage they may incur due to their participation or attempted participation in this contest.
23. For residents of Quebec, any dispute respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any dispute respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie solely for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
24. By entering this contest, all participants authorize the Contest Organizer to use the personal information appearing on their eligible account or write-in entries for contest registration or administration purposes.
25. There will be no communication or correspondence with contest participants except as set out in these rules or if initiated by the Contest Organizer.
26. For the purposes of these rules, the participant is the person who makes the Interac e-Transfer or whose name appears on the write-in entry letter. The prize will be remitted to that person, if he/she is selected and declared the winner.
27. Interac e-Transfers and resulting entries, write-in entries and Waivers are the property of the Contest Organizer and will under no circumstances be returned to participants.
28. Should any clause of these rules be declared or ruled illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, said clause will be considered invalid. However, all other clauses that are not affected will be applied within the limits permitted by law.
29. In the event of a discrepancy between the English and French versions of these rules, the French version shall prevail.
® Interac, the Interac logo and Interac e-Transfer are registered trademarks of Interac Inc. Used under license.