10 helpful tips for planning a trip :
- Let us know you are going away to prevent your card from being blocked. Create a Travel Notification by clicking on the “Banking services” tab in our mobile banking app, or the “Online applications” tab in Internet Banking Solutions. You can also call us at 1-888-622-2783.
- Check the expiry date and credit limit of your credit card, as well as the withdrawal limits on your Client Card.
- Use the Client Card limit management tool to personalize your daily withdrawal limits in order to reduce the risk in case of fraud.
- Your National Bank MasterCard credit card has a PIN which enables you to access an ATM* should your Client Card not work during your trip. Simply use the same PIN that you would use to authorize a purchase.
- Before you leave, check whether the country you'll be visiting has the following international payment networks:
- Make a list of the cards you'll be bringing with you and of the issuing companies' telephone numbers so that you can contact them in case of loss or theft.
- Arrange payment of your monthly bills during your absence (pre-authorized debits and payments).
- Make a photocopy of your passport and give it to a close friend or family member in case you run into problems while abroad.
- Keep receipts for credit card purchases so that you can validate the amounts charged on your statement when you return from your trip.
- Be selective about the cards you bring along and avoid bringing too many credit or debit cards.
* Access to ATMs in THE EXCHANGE, the Interac and MasterCard CIRRUS networks. Network usage fees if applicable.
®1 Registered trademark of Interac Inc.
®2 Maestro is a registred trademark of MasterCard International Inc. Transaction fees and currency exchange charges apply. For complete details about transactions in foreign currencies, please refer to the Agreement Governing the Use of Automated Services and Electronic Banking Solutions, available in branches or at nbc.ca. Transactions in foreign currencies other than U.S dollars will first be converted into U.S dollars and then converted into Canadian dollars.
®3 Registered trademark of NYCE Payment Network, LLC.
®4 Registered trademark of CIRRUS SYSTEM Inc.
®5 THE EXCHANGE is a registered trademark of Fiserv Inc.