Reduce Your Fees
- Are you looking for a transaction account to consolidate all of your day-to-day banking? Well then our Chequing Account is for you!
- Are you hoping to turn a dream project into a reality? Our Special Project Savings Account can help you by automatically transferring fixed amounts from your other National Bank accounts to a special project account on a regular basis.
- Are you looking for a transaction account with an interest rate that goes up as your balance increases?
- Need access to your money at all times? A special interest rate is available with the Strategist®1 and Natcan Strategist®1 accounts
- Do you do U.S. dollar transactions? Would you like to open a no-fee transaction account so that you can write cheques in U.S. dollars? Simplify your American purchases with the Progress Account®1 in US$.
To choose your ideal package, it's important to have an idea of how many transactions you do in a month. This includes electronic transactions (ATM, Internet, telephone, Client Card purchase) as well as day-to-day banking.
- Bill payments
- Client Card purchases
- Cheque writing
- Pre-authorized debits
- Drafts and money orders
Our special programs are designed to meet specific expectations. Get more information on the advantages of each package:
- seniors 60 and over.
Students and professionals
Financial packages for professionals and students provide access to a range of select products and services. Packages vary according to profession / field of study.
Overdraft protection is an effective precaution and an excellent financial management tool. Overdraft protection might be right for you if:
- you shop with your Client Card
- you have pre-authorized debits from your transaction account
- you want to avoid the inconvenience and cost of NSF cheques
- you don't want to see your Client Card purchases declined.
Overdraft protection transfers cash from one of your other transaction accounts, or a personal line of credit, or gets a cash advance from your MasterCard to cover the overdraft. A $5 fee is assessed.
By signing up for this service, you'll have the funds needed to cover cheques, electronic money transfers, Client Card purchases, withdrawals, transfers and bill payments at ABMs and through TelNat agents.
Choosing Overdraft Protection
With a line of credit, added liquidity and overdraft protection, our Virtuoso®1,1 package puts between $500 and $5,000 at your disposal. This makes unexpected expenses more manageable.
Access to Banking Digital Solutions (internet, telephone, mobile) is free. Here are some examples of the transactions available through National Bank's Electronic Solutions:
- Access your online statement, it is Free and Available whenever you want. You can even keep your electronic records. By adhering to the online statement you get 60 months of history.
- Access all your accounts, carry out transactions and update your personal information without having to go to a branch or contact a telephone agent.
- Internet Banking Solutions offers you the banking flexibility you need every day.
- View your accounts, pay your bills and trade Mutual Funds online. It’ll save you time and give you more control over your personal finances.
TelNat Telephone banking solutions
No matter where you are, if you have a touch-tone phone, TelNat Telephone Banking Solutions allow you to:
- monitor activity on your transaction account
- do your day-to-day banking transactions
- get help from a representative.
TelNat: 1 888 TelNat-1 or 514 394-5555
With your Client Card in-hand, National Bank's Automated Banking Machines are accessible 24 hours a day. You can:
- Do your day-to-day transactions (withdrawals, deposits, transfers and bill payments).
- Get a statement of your most recent transactions and find out your balance.
- Change your Personal Indentification Number (PIN).
- Get a cash advance through your National Bank MasterCard.
- Direct Payment has become an increasingly popular and convenient payment method over the years. Direct Payment lets you make purchases whenever you want, without carrying large amounts of cash on you.
- Fast and secure!
- The payment is taken directly from your account and deposited in the merchant's account. Since your balance is always up-to-date, you can keep track of your expenses. Even if the card is lost or stolen, your money cannot be accessed without your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Would you like some advice to help you start off on the right foot? National Bank's TelNat specialists can help.
Need information about your transaction or investment accounts? How about information on financing or on our new products and services? A TelNat agent will be happy to help you.
One simple call, and an agent can walk you through all your day-to-day banking transactions.
TelNat is available from 6 a.m. to midnight (EST). Call 1888 TELNAT-1 or 514-394-5555 and follow the instructions.
1 Subject to credit approval by National Bank of Canada. This package does not waive interest charges. The applicable interest rate is National Bank of Canada's prime rate + 7%. Interest rate is subject to change.
2 Specific browser versions are required to access National Bank's Internet financial services. Visit ABCs of Security and read the Browser Requirements for Internet Financial Service.
®1 Strategist Account, Progress Account and Virtuoso are registered trademarks of National Bank of Canada.