Win a trip to watch the US Open Tennis Championships
1. THE CONTEST
National Bank of Canada is the Contest Organizer for the "Win a trip to watch the US Open Tennis Championships" contest. The Contest will take place in Canada (Montreal and Toronto). The Contest Period is from July 17, 2017 to August 13, 2017.
2. WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
You can participate in the contest if:
- You are a Canadian resident
- You have reached the age of majority in your province or territory
This contest is not open to employees, mandataries or representatives of the Contest Organizer or its subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of prizes, materials and services related to this contest, members of their respective immediate family (siblings, children, parents), common-law or legal spouses or any persons residing with these employees, mandataries or representatives.
3. HOW TO ENTER
During the Contest Period, follow these steps to enter:
3.1. Apply online for a National Bank Mastercard credit card.
- Click on the contest web banner (links to nbc.ca/mastercardpromo )
- Fill out an application for any personal National Bank Mastercard (all cards with the option to apply online are eligible).
- You will be entered in the contest once you submit you application.
- Applicants who are not approved for a credit card are excluded from the contest.
Subject to your compliance with these contest rules, we will use the personal information provided to us (first and last name, telephone number (including area code), and complete address (including postal code) and your email address). This information will be entered in the database used for the contest in order to grant you a contest entry. You will obtain one entry in the contest.
4. CONTEST PARTICIPATION LIMITS
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period, regardless of the manner of participation.
A trip for two (2) people to the US Open Tennis Championships in New York.
There are a total of ten prizes available to be won during the contest.
- One (1) pair of courtside tickets to the pm session Friday September 1st, and one (1) pair of Suite tickets to the pm session Saturday September 2nd, 2017.
- Two (2) return economy airline tickets from an airport close to the winner's residence to an international airport in New York on the airline chosen by the Contest Organizers.
- Two (2) nights double occupancy in a hotel
The following conditions apply to the prize:
- All other fees or expenses will be at the expense of the winner and his/her guest, including travel insurance and any other personal insurance, passports and any related fees, personal expenses, meals, alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages, tips, applicable taxes, transportation between the winner’s residence and the departure and arrival airport, airport-hotel-venue transfers, the contribution to the travel compensation fund, spending money, if required.
- The choice of travel arrangements, session and seat location are at the sole discretion of the Contest Organizer and are subject to availability.
- Travel arrangements and reservations will be made by Tennis Canada and are subject to availability.
- In order to make reservations, the winner must, on request, send a photocopy of his/her passport and that of his/her guest to the Contest Organizer.
- The winner and his/her guest must travel together.
- Once the reservations have been made, no changes will be accepted.
- If a portion of the prize is not used, no compensation (monetary or otherwise) will be awarded to the winner or his/her guest.
- The draw will take place on August 15, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. at our offices located at 700 De La Gauchetière West, 7th Floor, Montreal, Quebec H3B 5M2.
- Two eligible entries will be drawn at random from all entries registered during the Contest Period for a total of two winners.
7. CHANCES OF WINNING
The odds that your entry will be selected at random for a prize depend on the number of entries received and registered during the Contest Period in accordance with these rules.
8. CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPANTS SELECTED
8.1. In order to be declared a winner if your contest entry is selected, you must:
- Be able to be contacted by email within five (5) days of the draw.
- Correctly answer, without assistance and within a limited time, a mathematical skill-testing question. We will ask you this question over the telephone at a time agreed upon in advance.
- Complete and return the declaration and liability waiver within five (5) days of receiving it from us.
8.2. By signing the declaration, you agree to the following:
- The prize as it is described in these contest rules.
- You cannot transfer the prize to another person, exchange it for money or replace it with another prize.
- Once your prize has been confirmed, the performance of the services related to the prize will become the sole and complete responsibility of the various suppliers for the prize.
- We have permission to use your full name, photograph, statements about the prize, geographical location and/or voice for publicity purposes. You will not be compensated for the use of any of these.
- We are not liable for any damage you may incur as a result of the acceptance or use of your prize, in particular any tax impact. You also release our subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of materials, prizes and services related to this contest as well as their employees, agents and representatives from any liability.
8.3. Within 10 days of receiving your declaration form, we will contact you again with information about how you will receive your prize.
8.4. If you do not meet these conditions, or any other conditions outlined in the contest rules, you will be disqualified. If time permits, we may select another entry at random until a winner is declared. Unclaimed prizes may be withdrawn.
9. CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPANTS
9.1. All of our decisions regarding this contest are final and without appeal, subject to any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec on any matter over which it has jurisdiction.
9.2. You also release our subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of materials, prizes and services related to this contest as well as our employees, agents and representatives from any liability related to:
- Your participation or attempted participation in the contest.
- Damage caused by downloading a webpage or software or transmission of information for the purposes of participating in the contest.
- Inability or limited ability to participate due to a malfunction of any computer hardware, software or communication line resulting in the loss or absence of a network communication, or any faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or deleted transmission by a computer or network.
9.3. We in no way guarantee that the contest website will be available or functional without interruption during the entire Contest Period or that it will be free of error.
9.4. During the Contest Period, our computer system may not be able to register all entries submitted. The winner will be selected from entries that were registered only. Participation in the contest may be ended in whole or in part prior to the date set out in these contest rules. In this case, a winner be selected from the entries received and registered prior to the event that ended participation in the contest.
9.5. Applications and resulting entries, write-in entries and waivers are our property and will under no circumstances be returned.
9.6. We will not contact you about the contest except as described in the contest rules or at our discretion.
9.7. Your personal information will be used for the purposes of the contest. By entering the contest, you agree to the use of your personal information at the time you enter the contest or receive a prize.
10. OUR RECOURSE
10.1. We may verify applications and resulting entries, write-in entries and waivers. We may reject an application and resulting entry or a waiver if it is incomplete, fraudulent, late, etc. An application or resulting entry, write-in entry or waiver that is rejected does not qualify, depending on the case, as an entry or for a prize.
10.2. We reserve the right to disqualify or cancel any of your entries if you participate or attempt to participate in a manner contrary to these contest rules or that is unfair to the other participants (e.g., hacking, submitting more entries than the permitted number). You may be referred to the competent judicial authorities.
10.3. Any attempt to deliberately sabotage any website related to the contest or to hamper the legitimate conduct of the contest is a violation of civil and criminal law. In the event of such an attempt, we reserve the right to reject your entry and seek recourse under the law.
10.4. Subject to approval, if required, from the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, for residents of Quebec, we reserve the right at all times, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest, in whole or in part, if any event or human intervention occurs that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the contest. Under no circumstances will we be required to award more prizes than provided or to award prizes otherwise than in accordance with these rules.