November 1st - December 31st 2015
1. The "Win the cost of your Holiday purchases up to a maximum of $10,000" contest is organized by National Bank of Canada (the "Contest Organizer") and takes place in Canada from November 1 to December 31, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period").
This contest is open to all residents of Canada who are the primary cardholders of a National BankTM MasterCardTM2 credit card (the "eligible account") and who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time they enter this contest. This contest is not open to employees, agents, mandataries or representatives of the Contest Organizer or its subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of materials and services related to this contest, members of their respective immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, parents), common-law or legal spouse, or any person residing with these employees, agents, mandataries and representatives.
3. HOW TO ENTER
You can enter the contest, during the Contest Period, in either of the following ways:
3.1. Charge at least CDN $500 in purchases each month to your eligible account
To participate in the contest, you must charge purchases to your eligible account. For every $500 in purchases, you will automatically receive one (1) contest entry.
Subject to your compliance with these contest rules, the Contest Organizer will use the personal information appearing in your Eligible Account (first and last name, telephone number (including area code), and complete address (including postal code)) which you provided and enter it in its contest database to grant you a contest entry. You will receive one (1) entry to the contest for every $500 in purchases charged to your eligible account.
Purchases charged to the account will be recorded on the date the purchase was entered on the eligible account, not on the date the purchase was made.
Transactions are not cumulative from one month to the next. Draws will be held from among the participants who charged a minimum of $500 in purchases for the month, according to the draw method set out in these contest rules.
Interest charges, cash advances, balance transfers, insurance fees, credits related to returned merchandise and fees not related to interest are excluded.
3.2. No purchase necessary
Prepare an original, handwritten letter at least 10 lines long explaining why you would like to win a CDN $10,000 credit to your account and send it to the Contest Organizer. Participants must also include their first and last name, complete address including postal code, phone number including area code and age, and send their letter to: "Win the cost of your Holiday purchases up to a maximum of $10,000" contest (write-in entry), National Bank, at the Contest Organizer's head office at 600 De La Gauchetière West, Montreal, H3B 4L2. Entries must be postmarked or they will be void. The Contest Organizer will enter you in the contest subject to compliance with these contest rules.
Write-in entries are subject to the same eligibility criteria as other entries.
4. CONTEST PARTICIPATION LIMITS
There is no participation limit per person, regardless of the participation method used..
There are two (2) prizes to be won during the contest. Each prize consists of the total amount of purchases charged to the eligible account during the month the draw will take place, up to CDN $10,000.
There is a limit of only one (1) prize per person.
In total, there will be two (2) draws during the contest period. The draws will take place on December 11, 2015 at 2:00 p.m. (for November entries) and on January 15, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. (for December entries) at the Contest Organizer's head office located at 600 De La Gauchetière West in Montreal. For each draw, the Contest Organizer will randomly draw one (1) entry from the eligible entries received and recorded in accordance with the contest rules for the purpose of awarding each prize. Entries are not cumulative from one month to the next.
7. CHANCES OF WINNING
The chances that an entry will be randomly selected in the draw will depend on the number of entries accumulated over a month by an individual and the number of entries registered during that month in accordance with these rules.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
8. To be declared a winner, the selected participant must:
a) Be able to be contacted by telephone by the Contest Organizer within ten (10) business days of the random draw;
b) Correctly answer, without assistance and within a limited time, a mathematical skill-testing question asked by the Contest Organizer over the telephone at a time agreed upon in advance;
c) Complete and sign a Declaration and Liability Waiver Form (the "Waiver") and return it to the Contest Organizer within ten (10) business days of its receipt.
9.If a participant whose entry is selected fails to meet one of the above conditions or any other condition provided for in these rules, he/she will be disqualified, and a new random draw may take place in accordance with these rules until such time as a participant is selected and declared a winner.
10. Within fifteen (15) days of receiving the Waiver signed by the person selected and declared a prize winner, the Contest Organizer will send that person a letter informing him/her how to claim the prize.
11. All purchases charged to the eligible account and resulting entries, write-in entries and Waivers are subject to verification by the Contest Organizer. Any purchase and resulting entry, or any write-in entry or Waiver that is incomplete, fraudulent or late, does not allow the Contest Organizer to identify the participant or is otherwise not in compliance with these contest rules will be rejected, in which case it will not qualify, depending on the case, as an entry or for a prize.
12.All decisions by the Contest Organizer or its representatives regarding this Contest are final and without appeal, subject to any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec (for residents of Quebec) on any matter over which it has jurisdiction.
13. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any person or cancel one or more entries of any individuals who participate or attempt to participate in this contest in a manner that is contrary to these contest rules or that is unfair to the other participants (e.g., hacking, submitting more entries than the permitted number). Such individuals may be referred to the competent judicial authorities.
14. Any attempt to deliberately sabotage the contest website or any related website or to hamper the legitimate conduct of the contest is a violation of civil and criminal law. In the event of such an attempt, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to reject the participant's entries and seek recourse under the law.
15. All prizes must be accepted as described in these contest rules and may not be transferred to another individual or substituted for another prize.
16. The prize winners release the Contest Organizer, its advertising and promotion agencies, employees, agents, mandataries and representatives from any and all liability for any damage they may incur as a result of the acceptance or use of their prize, in particular any tax impact. In order to be declared a winner and prior to receiving the prize, the selected participant undertakes to sign a declaration to that effect contained in the Waiver.
17. By participating or attempting to participate in this contest, all individuals release the Contest Organizer, its advertising and promotion agencies, employees, agents, mandataries and representatives from any and all liability for any damage they may incur due to their participation or attempted participation in this contest. Subject to approval, if required, from the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec (for Quebec residents), the Contest Organizer reserves the right at all times, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest, in whole or in part, if any event or human intervention occurs that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the contest as provided for in these rules. Under no circumstances may the Contest Organizer, its subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of materials and services related to this contest, as well as their employees, agents, mandataries and representatives be required to award more prizes than provided for in these rules or to award prizes other than in accordance with these rules.
18. The Contest Organizer, its advertising and promotion agencies, as well as their respective employees, agents, mandataries and representatives may not be held liable for any malfunction of any computer hardware, software or communication line resulting in the loss or lack of network connection or any faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or deleted transmission by any computer or network that could limit or prevent any person from entering the contest. Furthermore, the Contest Organizer, its advertising and promotion agencies, employees, agents, mandataries and representatives may not be held liable for any damage or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, as a result of downloading an Internet page or software or transmitting information for the purposes of participating in this contest.
19. In the event that the computer system is unable to register all entries during the Contest Period, for any reason, or if participation in the contest must be ended in whole or in part prior to the date set out in the rules, the Contest Organizer may, at its discretion, randomly draw from the duly registered entries received during the Contest Period or, if applicable, up to the date of the event that ended participation in the contest.
20.By participating in this contest, the person declared the winner authorizes the Contest Organizer and its representatives to use, if required, their full name, photograph, likeness, statements about the prize, place of residence and/or voice for publicity purposes without any form of compensation. A statement to this effect will be included in the Waiver.
21. Information related to purchases charged to the eligible account and the resulting entries, write-in entries and Waivers are the property of the Contest Organizer and will under no circumstances be returned to participants.
22. There will be no communication or correspondence with contest participants except as set out in these rules or if initiated by the Contest Organizer.
23. For residents of Quebec, any dispute respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any dispute respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie solely for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
24.By entering this contest, the participants authorize the Contest Organizer to use the personal information on their eligible account for contest registration purposes.
25. For the purposes of these rules, the participant is the primary accountholder of the eligible account or the person whose name appears on the write-in entry, as applicable. The prize will be awarded to that person, if he/she is selected and declared a winner.
26.Should any section of these rules be declared or ruled as unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, said section will be considered invalid. However, all other sections that are not affected will be applied within the limits permitted by law.
26.In the event of discrepancies between the English and French versions of these rules, the French version shall prevail.
TM NATIONAL BANK is a trademark of National Bank of Canada.
TM2 MASTERCARD is a trademark of MasterCard International Inc. used under licence by National Bank of Canada.
Theft and damage coverage on purchases made with your card
Extension of the manufacturer's warranty on goods purchased with your card
1 No purchase necessary. Winner must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question. Contest open to Canadian residents who are the primary cardholder of a National Bank MasterCard credit card and have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence. Two prizes are available to be won during the contest, each consisting of the total amount of the purchases charged to an eligible account during the month for which the draw is held, up to a maximum of CDN $10,000.
TM MasterPass is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated used under licence by National Bank of Canada.
® MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated used under licence by National Bank of Canada.