MasterCard Credit Cards
Regular rate on purchases: 19.99% / $125 per year
Regular rate on balance transfers and cash advances : 21.99%
Rewards Plan: Included
Minimum credit limit
$5,000 minimum (depending on your credit file)
- Accumulate points at an accelerated pace.
- Travel when and where you want and take advantage of travel discounts.
- Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with superior insurance program.
- Access to the National Bank World MasterCard® lounge at Montréal-Trudeau Airport
- Get access to an outstanding concierge service .
- Receive an annual statement listing all charges to your card.
- Benefit from reassuring protection.
To be a World credit card cardholder, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
Main cardholder’s gross annual income: $60,000 and above;
Combined gross annual income of main cardholder and any other cardholder: $100,000 and above.
The World credit card allows you to accumulate points at an accelerated pace.
Indeed, as the table below illustrates, during the 12-month reference period, for each dollar in purchases between $20,001 and $30,000 charged to your cardaccount, you’ll accumulate 0,5 additional point.
Accelerated point accumulation is calculated based on a period of 12 months from the date at which the account was opened.
You can redeem your points to obtain:
- brand name products,
- gift cards,
- À la carte Extras,
- a donation to a cause you hold dear.
You can also exchange your points for a travel discount, and use them to save on flights, packages, hotels, excursions, vehicle rentals, train tickets, etc. There’s no restriction related to dates or the choice of travel agency. It’s all up to you.
|Points exchanged||Travel savings|
|More than 50,000 points||Above and beyond 50,000 points in the same transaction, every 10,000 points segment entitles you to an additional $100 travel discount.|
A complete travel-insurance program3
|Age||Maximum Trip Length|
|54 and under||60 days|
|55 to 64||
|65 to 74||15 days|
Trips exceeding the maximum admissible length will not be covered by the Medical/Hospital Insurance. Coverage applies to main cardholder, their spouse and any dependent children.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance up to $2,500 per person.
- Trip Interruption Insurance up to $5,000 per person.
- Flight Delay Insurance up to $500 per person for any flight delay of 4 hours or more.
- Baggage Insurance up to $1,000 per person in case of theft, burglary, disappearance, or vandalism, plus up to $500 per person should your checked baggage be delayed more than 6 hours.
- With presentation of their card, each National Bank World MasterCard cardholder gets free access (with a guest) to Montréal-Trudeau Airport’s National Bank World MasterCard Lounge.
- Located in the international jetty (excluding flights to the Canada and the United States), the lounge offers you everything for your relaxation or business needs: complimentary food and drinks, newspapers and magazines, and free WiFi access, all in a quiet atmosphere.
- The National Bank World MasterCard lounge is located near gate 53 and is open 7 days a week. Regular opening hours are 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Access to the lounge is limited to 3 hours of use.
- Children aged 2 and under get free access and do not need to use one of the passes included with the card. Children over 2 are considered regular guests.
- Additional guests can access the lounge for a discounted price of $25 plus tax.
- National Bank clients who do not have a World card can also access the lounge for a discounted price of $25 plus tax, with presentation of their Client-Card or another National Bank MasterCardMD.
The World MasterCard credit card gives you all-time access to a wide range of services designed to make your life easier. Shows, restaurants, trips, sporting events, golf: Our thoughtful staff is here to help. They can offer information and recommendations as well as make reservations—here and abroad!
Once a year, you'll receive a comprehensive statement listing all charges to your World MasterCard.
Vehicle Rental Insurance
Exoneration from liability in case of collision, theft or damage to any vehicle rented for a period of 48 days or less.
Personal Effects Insurance of up to $2,000 per rental period in case of theft or vandalism.
Purchase Insurance provides protection in case of theft or damage for 180 days following the date of purchase.
An Extended Warranty triples the manufacturer’s coverage period for up to two additional years.
MasterCard’s Zero Liability 4
Protects you against all liability if unauthorized purchases are made with your credit card. This coverage extends to purchases made in-store, over the telephone and online.
Medical, general and legal assistance
24-hour toll-free number for medical, administrative and legal problems, anywhere in the world.
You will be referred to a lawyer in the event of an emergency, even if you are abroad.
If necessary, bail and legal fees can be paid by means of a cash advance on your credit card.
Assistance if your baggage is lost or stolen.
Assistance replacing travel documents and tickets that are lost or stolen while you're away.
Emergency cash transfers.
1 Subject to credit approval by National Bank.
2The net annual purchase volume is the amount charged to the account minus returns and reimbursements. Annual fees, balance transfers and cash advances are not included in this calculation.
3 Theses protections apply if purchases or rentals are paid for with the card, with the exception of the Out-of-Province-of-Residence Medical/Hospital Insurance, for which it is not necessary to pay for a trip with the card. Certain conditions and restrictions apply. For more information, consult the documentation available in branches.
4 Certain conditions apply. Visit mastercard.ca for more information.
Consult the credit card's terms and conditions.
A travel card which offers a complete experience thanks to the generosity and flexibility of its rewards program, its concierge services and its comprehensive insurance coverage.
|Minimum credit limit||$5,000|
|Annual fee for primary card||$125|
|Annual fee for additional card||No fee|
|Regular annual interest rate on purchases||19.99%|
|Regular annual interest rate on balance transfers and cash advances||21.99%|
|À la carte Rewards Plan||Description||Accumulate points faster, travel without restrictions, gift cards and À la carte Extras.|
|Points||$1 in purchases = 1.5 points, you can earn up to 2 points for every $1 spent|
|Reward's annual fee||Included|
|Trip cancellation insurance||Up to $2,500|
|Trip interruption insurance||Up to $5,000 for an emergency return|
|Out-of-Province-of-Residence Medical/Hospital Insurance||Yes|
|Flight delay insurance||Up to $500 (over 4 hours)|
|Baggage loss and theft insurance||Up to $1,000|
|Baggage delay insurance||Up to $500 (over 6 hours)|
|Purchase insurance||For a period of 180 days following the purchase date|
|Extended warranty on purchases||Triples the manufacturer's guarantee up to two additional years|
|Vehicle rental insurance||For a period of 48 days against collision, theft or damage (theft of personal effects $2,000)|
|Travel insurance/Accident insurance while aboard a common carrier||No|
|Medical, general and legal assistance||Yes|
|Other interesting features|
Travel without restrictions by choosing the travel agency, the airline, the travel dates and the destination of your choice.
Access, day and night, to a wide array of services that make life easier.