Options and advantages
Redeem rewards points
The Concierge Service offers a wide range of personalized services, both in Canada and abroad, including:
- Entertainment planning (show tickets, restaurant recommendations and reservations, etc.)
- Travel information and assistance (flights, hotels, etc.)
- Information on countries and major cities (exhibits, tourist information)
- Information to help prepare for a trip (passports and visas, vaccinations, weather forecasts, etc.)
- Preparation and delivery of gift baskets or flower arrangements
- And much more
The Concierge Service is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling 1‑888-296-8881 toll-free from anywhere in Canada and the U.S., or 416-734-3922 collect from elsewhere in the world.
Rebates on certain travel costs
This exclusive benefit for World Elite cardholders offers rebates on certain travel costs:
- Up to $100 per year* for airport parking fees
- Up to $100 per year for checked baggage fees
- Up to $50 per year for seat selection fees
To initiate a request, call 1‑888-296-8881 toll-free from anywhere in Canada and the U.S., or 416-734-3922 collect from elsewhere in the world 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Lost or stolen cards
If you realize that your card has been lost or stolen, contact one of our customer service agents right away. You can reach us 24 hours a day at one of the following numbers:
- Greater Montreal area: 514-281-3159
- Canada and the United States: 1-800-361-0070 (toll free)
- Outside Canada and the United States: 514-281-3159 (collect call).
Increase my credit limit
By telephone: call 514-394-1427 or 1-888-9MY-CARD (1-888-969-2273)
* There are browser requirements for accessing National Bank Internet Banking Solutions. Please consult the Browser Requirements for Internet Financial Services section under ABCs of Security at nbc.ca
1 Subject to National Bank credit approval
Obtain or change your PIN
To obtain a PIN for your MasterCard or to change your existing PIN, simply go to any National Bank branch.
One of our customer service representatives will give you a temporary PIN. You will then have 30 minutes to go to an ABM and change it using the "PIN selection" option.
By adding a PIN to your MasterCard, you can use your card to make cash withdrawals at ABMs. These withdrawals are treated as cash advances on your MasterCard account.
Also, if you link your MasterCard to your National Bank of Canada bank account, you can use your credit card like a debit card and make deposits to your account. And you can make payments at ABMs using the "Transfer" option. Payments made this way are immediately applied to your National Bank MasterCard account.
Get an additional card
- Clicking on the following link to print your application form
- Contacting Customer Service at one of the following numbers :
- Greater Montreal area: 514-394-1427
- Outside Canada: 1-888-969-2273
Transfer a balance from another card
Download and complete the enclosed balance transfer form and return it by fax to 514-394-8772 or 1-866-394-8772. You can also call one of our representatives to ask for a balance transfer form to be sent to you: 514-394-1427 or 1-888-9MY-CARD (1-888-969-2273).
1 National Bank reserves the right to refuse any balance transfer. Unless you have signed up for a reduced rate, all balances transferred and all cash advances will be subject to the regular annual interest rates in effect for the card issued.
* There are browser requirements for accessing National Bank Internet Banking Solutions. Please consult Browser Requirements for Internet Financial Services section under ABCs of Security at nbc.ca
Get a reduced rate on my account1
Available on the Edition and Allure cards only: For as little as $30 a year, you can reduce the annual interest rate applicable to your card. It's a great way to cut down on your interest charges.
Consult the table below for rates applicable to National Bank MasterCard credit cards.
|Edition and Allure||Business Card|
Reduced rate on purchases
Reduced rate on balance transfers and cash advances
For more details, click here.
To get a rate reduction call:
- or 1-888-9MY-CARD (1-888-969-2273).
1 Subject to credit approval by National Bank (applies to the Edition, Allure and Business cards only).
Obtain credit card payment insurance
Credit card payment insurance is a wise investment: it provides added protection and peace of mind. You can opt for insurance that covers your minimum monthly MasterCard payments or your entire balance, depending on the situation.
To purchase credit card payment insurance, call:
- 514-871-7500 or
Make a purchase-insurance or extended-warranty coverage claim
To contact Canassistance, call:
- Greater Montreal area: 1-888-235-2645
- Canada and the United States: 1-888-235-2645(toll free)
- Outside Canada and the United States: 1-888-235-2645 (collect call)
Learn about SecureCodeTM
Obtain a new card
1. Choose a card
2. Ask for a modification to your card
More information about the smart card
For more information, refer to the Smart Card FAQ.
MasterCard Statement Online
Thanks to a secure electronic mail box, you will at all times be able to:
- receive your MasterCard statements online as well as all your other bills and statements (choose from over 200)
- pay online if you wish
- file your bills and statements for a period up to 7 years.
To receive your bills and statements online, you'll have to subscribe to Internet Banking Solutions.
Pay a credit card account by Internet
At any time:
- verify your account balance, available funds, bank operations, minimum payment due, and due date of the payment
- pay your credit card account (if you have a bank account with National Bank)
- pay the minimum or the complete balance
- make your payment the same day or post-date it
- gradually reimburse your account by establishing periodic payments.
To pay online, you'll have to subscribe to Internet Banking Solutions.
MasterPass, your digital wallet
TM Trademark of MasterCard International Inc. Authorized user: National Bank
® MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. Authorized User: National Bank of Canada