If you are interested in financial markets and the economy, you are in the right place! Whether you want to know the latest national and international developments or consult the most recent economic and financial forecasts, all you have to do is select the type of analysis of interest to you from our prize-winning Economics and Strategy Group.
The Weekly Economic Watch offers a commentary on developments in the economic environment as depicted by economic indicators released during the week and on indicators to be published in the upcoming week. Trends in a wide range of international, national and provincial economic and financial indicators are also presented.
Each month, the World economic outlook, in particular the North-American context, is reassessed. It also includes forecasts for the major economic and financial variables.
An analysis on a current economic or financial topic.
- Where are we in the cycle?
- How concerned should the Fed be about U.S. inflation?
- Canada's prospects amidst changing U.S. trade policy
- THE TRUMPQUAKE
- Imminent Pullback for Vancouver and Toronto home prices
- Quick Hit: Rapid debt accumulation in Alberta from low base
- Quick Hit: It’s back! A Canada-US softwood lumber dispute that is
- Quick Hit: Ontario moves on housing. Really, it had to be done
- Quick Hit: Trading places: Federal-provincial bond supply upended
- Quick Hit: Bond math: Newfoundland and Labrador style
- Trump's troubles
- Macron's decisive victory over Le Pen
- NAFTA bluff?
- The incredibly complex Syrian conflict
- French election update: Macron and Le Pen make it to the second round