If you are interested in financial markets and the economy, you are in the right place! Whether you want to know the latest national and international developments or consult the most recent economic and financial forecasts, all you have to do is select the type of analysis of interest to you from our prize-winning Economics and Strategy Group.
The Weekly Economic Watch offers a commentary on developments in the economic environment as depicted by economic indicators released during the week and on indicators to be published in the upcoming week. Trends in a wide range of international, national and provincial economic and financial indicators are also presented.
Each month, the World economic outlook, in particular the North-American context, is reassessed. It also includes forecasts for the major economic and financial variables.
An analysis on a current economic or financial topic.
- Canadians elect a Liberal majority government. What does it all mean?
- Canada's second quarter: Two divergent economies
- Warnings of Canadian housing overvaluation are overblown
- The oil-price shock and the canadian housing market
- Regional disparities in the Canadian new-housing market
- Trudeau’s deficits don’t imperil Canada’s fiscal credentials
- Extreme makeover: Federal-provincial bond supply outlook
- A brief provincial funding update
- There's more to Canada's national balance sheets than the household leverage ratio
- Slip slidin' away: Disappointing growth a persistent problem for Canadian budget makers
The Economic Outlook presents an overall picture of the state of the World Economy, with an emphasis on North America and the Canadian provincial economies.