If you are interested in financial markets and the economy, you are in the right place! Whether you want to know the latest national and international developments or consult the most recent economic and financial forecasts, all you have to do is select the type of analysis of interest to you from our prize-winning Economics and Strategy Group.
The Weekly Economic Watch offers a commentary on developments in the economic environment as depicted by economic indicators released during the week and on indicators to be published in the upcoming week. Trends in a wide range of international, national and provincial economic and financial indicators are also presented.
Each month, the World economic outlook, in particular the North-American context, is reassessed. It also includes forecasts for the major economic and financial variables.
An analysis on a current economic or financial topic.
- The Phillips curve still holds!
- Is it time to pull back stimulus?
- Where are we in the cycle?
- How concerned should the Fed be about U.S. inflation?
- Canada's prospects amidst changing U.S. trade policy
- How will NAFTA negotiations play out?
- North Korea: What’s next?
- India’s challenges and potential
- UK election outcome alters path to Brexit
- Trump’s below-the-radar war on regulations
Public Sector Research
- Quick Hit: A renewed look at Canada’s enviable fiscal position (Sep 19, 2017)
- Quick Hit: A case of Jekyll & Hyde in Canada’s bond market? Hardly (Sep 18, 2017)
- Quick Hit: O Muni Bond, Where Art Thou? (Sep 15, 2017)
- Quick Hit: Can you tell me how to get to Wellington Street? (Sep 11, 2017)
- Quick Hit: Putting Canada’s pool of insured mortgages to good use (Sep 11, 2017)