If you are interested in financial markets and the economy, you are in the right place! Whether you want to know the latest national and international developments or consult the most recent economic and financial forecasts, all you have to do is select the type of analysis of interest to you from our prize-winning Economics and Strategy Group.
The Weekly Economic Watch offers a commentary on developments in the economic environment as depicted by economic indicators released during the week and on indicators to be published in the upcoming week. Trends in a wide range of international, national and provincial economic and financial indicators are also presented.
Each month, the World economic outlook, in particular the North-American context, is reassessed. It also includes forecasts for the major economic and financial variables.
- U.S.: Why are import prices falling again?
- Canada: Why are foreign trucks becoming more popular?
- Canada: What’s pulling back exporters?
- U.S.: Can sub-prime auto loans bring down the financial system?
- U.S.: Household debt ten years after the financial crisis
- U.S.: Surging labour force in top-3 metro areas
- U.S.: Is credit about to dry up?
- U.S.: Has temporary employment peaked?
- Canada: Largest discrepancy ever between major employment reports
- Canada: What corporate cash crunch?
An analysis on a current economic or financial topic.
- Presentation to the Canadian Economic Club – January 9, 2019
- Fixed Income: Stock-bond correlations: Are we at an inflection point?
- Strategy update: Trade war = slower earnings growth
- Reality check: Are Canadian households perched over a sinkhole?
- Reality check: Canadian exposure to U.S. protectionism
- The Metropolitan Economic Momentum Index (MEMI)
- Geopolitics are pushing oil prices higher
- China-U.S. trade deal or not, tensions will remain
- Are the wheels falling off the Trump presidency?
- What is driving the yellow vest revolt in France?
- Euro zone uncertainty spreads to its core
- China-U.S. rivalry equals a reconfigured global supply chain
- Venezuela’s collapse: How far will oil production fall?
- America’s High-Stake Midterm Elections
- Can Russia live up to its geopolitical ambitions?
- Quick Hit: Record foreign divestment of Canadian bonds
- Quick Hit: Provincial credit curve's too steep
- Quick Hit: Sterling struggles amid gloomy economic data & Brexit fears
- Quick Hit: [Briefly] Revisiting the supply-spread dynamic in provincials
- Quick Hit: Canada paints a pretty population picture
- Quick Hit: Rates Traders 1, Economists 0
- Quick Hit: Currency speculators to reverse 2018 bets?
- Quick Hit: Provis ahead of the game, thanks to exceptional January
- Quick Hit: What slow mortgage growth means for the bond market
- Quick Hit: New Ontario 2029s...is anything different this time around?