If you are interested in financial markets and the economy, you are in the right place! Whether you want to know the latest national and international developments or consult the most recent economic and financial forecasts, all you have to do is select the type of analysis of interest to you from our prize-winning Economics and Strategy Group.
The Weekly Economic Watch offers a commentary on developments in the economic environment as depicted by economic indicators released during the week and on indicators to be published in the upcoming week. Trends in a wide range of international, national and provincial economic and financial indicators are also presented.
Each month, the World economic outlook, in particular the North-American context, is reassessed. It also includes forecasts for the major economic and financial variables.
An analysis on a current economic or financial topic.
- Provincial borrowers falling behind?
- Federal infrastructure focus music to municipal ears
- Warnings of Canadian housing overvaluation are overblown
- The oil-price shock and the canadian housing market
- Regional disparities in the Canadian new-housing market
- Provincial Economies: An update
- Depreciation of Canadian dollar: Lifeline for some manufacturing industries
- Why household formation remains so strong in Canada?
- Did foreign investors' confidence in the Canadian economy slip in June?
- Canada: The importance of natural resources in the economy
- Canada: slower employment growth will impact consumption expenditure
- Canada and United States: Composition of household wealth
- Are older workers grabbing all the new jobs?
- U.S. energy production: Fast and furious
- Provincial governments risk slowing employment growth in Canada