If you are interested in financial markets and the economy, you are in the right place! Whether you want to know the latest national and international developments or consult the most recent economic and financial forecasts, all you have to do is select the type of analysis of interest to you from our prize-winning Economics and Strategy Group.
The Weekly Economic Watch offers a commentary on developments in the economic environment as depicted by economic indicators released during the week and on indicators to be published in the upcoming week. Trends in a wide range of international, national and provincial economic and financial indicators are also presented.
Each month, the World economic outlook, in particular the North-American context, is reassessed. It also includes forecasts for the major economic and financial variables.
The Economic Outlook presents an overall picture of the state of the World Economy, with an emphasis on North America and the Canadian provincial economies.
An analysis on a current economic or financial topic.
- How concerned should the Fed be about U.S. inflation?
- Canada's prospects amidst changing U.S. trade policy
- THE TRUMPQUAKE
- Imminent Pullback for Vancouver and Toronto home prices
- Canada: A bottom-up approach to estimating potential GDP
- Quick Hit: A tale of two federal budgets
- Quick Hit: Time for Ontario to follow BC’s lead? (on foreign home buyers)
- Quick Hit: Stop playing ping pong with fiscal prudence
- Quick Hit: Putting provincial valuations in perspective
- Quick Hit: A Q3 wobble for CPP, but actuarially sound as ever
- The Dutch kick off a fateful European electoral year
- Will the U.S. end tax deductibility for corporate debt interest?
- Remember Greece?
- Trump and protectionism: Separating the rhetoric from reality
- The high political stakes surrounding U.S. healthcare reform