If you are interested in financial markets and the economy, you are in the right place! Whether you want to know the latest national and international developments or consult the most recent economic and financial forecasts, all you have to do is select the type of analysis of interest to you from our prize-winning Economics and Strategy Group.
The Weekly Economic Watch offers a commentary on developments in the economic environment as depicted by economic indicators released during the week and on indicators to be published in the upcoming week. Trends in a wide range of international, national and provincial economic and financial indicators are also presented.
Each month, the World economic outlook, in particular the North-American context, is reassessed. It also includes forecasts for the major economic and financial variables.
An analysis on a current economic or financial topic.
- Imminent Pullback for Vancouver and Toronto home prices
- Canada: A bottom-up approach to estimating potential GDP
- Fixed Income - Next jobs report key for FOMC`s decision on September 21
- It's QE ! It's a budget deficit ! No, it's helicopter money !
- Alberta's wildfires in context
- It pays to be prudent
- (Cash) Cow Tipping?
- Government of Canada: Let the good bonds roll
- Searching for yield in a highly uncertain world? Hello Canada
- A10+ takeaways from Canada’s 2016 budget
The Economic Outlook presents an overall picture of the state of the World Economy, with an emphasis on North America and the Canadian provincial economies.
- Election update: A Trump or Clinton victory is not a return to business as usual
- The rise of the far right in Germany sends political shockwaves through Europe
- Is Argentina finally heading in the right direction?
- Instability in Turkey adds to Europe's woes
- Italy: The next shoe to drop