If you are interested in financial markets and the economy, you are in the right place! Whether you want to know the latest national and international developments or consult the most recent economic and financial forecasts, all you have to do is select the type of analysis of interest to you from our prize-winning Economics and Strategy Group.
The Weekly Economic Watch offers a commentary on developments in the economic environment as depicted by economic indicators released during the week and on indicators to be published in the upcoming week. Trends in a wide range of international, national and provincial economic and financial indicators are also presented.
Each month, the World economic outlook, in particular the North-American context, is reassessed. It also includes forecasts for the major economic and financial variables.
An analysis on a current economic or financial topic.
- Strategy update: Trade war = slower earnings growth
- Reality check: Are Canadian households perched over a sinkhole?
- Reality check: Canadian exposure to U.S. protectionism
- The Metropolitan Economic Momentum Index (MEMI)
- Is Canada’s household leverage too high — or on the low side?
- Venezuela’s collapse: How far will oil production fall?
- America’s High-Stake Midterm Elections
- Can Russia live up to its geopolitical ambitions?
- Will Iran’s mounting troubles raise oil prices?
- The China-U.S. trade war of attrition
- Quick Hit: Reserve currency ≠ safe haven currency: A CAD story
- Quick Hit: Foreign investors showing no love for Canada?
- Quick Hit: Canada’s C$25 billion "gift" to the United States
- Quick Hit: A Canadian perspective on the IMF’s Fiscal Monitor
- Quick Hit: A Canadian perspective on the IMF’s World Economic Outlook