If you are interested in financial markets and the economy, you are in the right place! Whether you want to know the latest national and international developments or consult the most recent economic and financial forecasts, all you have to do is select the type of analysis of interest to you from our prize-winning Economics and Strategy Group.
The Weekly Economic Watch offers a commentary on developments in the economic environment as depicted by economic indicators released during the week and on indicators to be published in the upcoming week. Trends in a wide range of international, national and provincial economic and financial indicators are also presented.
Each month, the World economic outlook, in particular the North-American context, is reassessed. It also includes forecasts for the major economic and financial variables.
An analysis on a current economic or financial topic.
- Canadian manufacturers post near-record profits in 2015
- Will gold retain its lustre?
- Sub-1% growth for Canada?
- The BoC needs to avoid weakening the CAD further
- Canadians elect a Liberal majority government. What does it all mean?
- A10+ takeaways from Canada’s 2016 budget
- A closer look at the Government of Canada's enlarged borrowing requirement
- Anatomy of Ottawa's fiscal transformation
- Canada’s leverage to foreign money: How scary?
- Foreign selling of provincial bonds: Déjà vu all over again?
The Economic Outlook presents an overall picture of the state of the World Economy, with an emphasis on North America and the Canadian provincial economies.