If you are interested in financial markets and the economy, you are in the right place! Whether you want to know the latest national and international developments or consult the most recent economic and financial forecasts, all you have to do is select the type of analysis of interest to you from our prize-winning Economics and Strategy Group.
The Weekly Economic Watch offers a commentary on developments in the economic environment as depicted by economic indicators released during the week and on indicators to be published in the upcoming week. Trends in a wide range of international, national and provincial economic and financial indicators are also presented.
Each month, the World economic outlook, in particular the North-American context, is reassessed. It also includes forecasts for the major economic and financial variables.
- World: Surging trade lifted industrial output
- Canada: Record profits for nonfinancials in Q4
- Currencies: Will the big dollar cave under the weight of deteriorating budget deficits?
- Canada: Another record for purchases of securities by foreign investors
- Canada: Home sales still at a healthy level despite January's plunge
An analysis on a current economic or financial topic.
- The Metropolitan Economic Momentum Index (MEMI)
- Is Canada’s household leverage too high — or on the low side?
- Top charts to think about going into 2018
- Youth labour market: Not on our worry list
- The BoC’s labour market indicator understates labour market tightness
- Is the political bill for Italy’s troubles finally coming due?
- The Limits to Iran’s Geopolitical Ambitions
- Trump 2018: What’s Next?
- Update on NAFTA Negotiation
- The political fragmentation sweeping Europe reaches Germany