No flat monthly fee
for up to 3 years
Exclusive assistance service
Mastercard® credit card
without credit history
Offer valid for
up to 5 years
for temporary or permanent residents
Apply for a bank account online.
Transfer money from your foreign bank account, if you want to.
Once you arrive, meet with an advisor to receive your debit card.
Simplify your banking with our range of innovative products and services.
With 450 branches and over 3,330 automatic banking machines6 across Canada, we're available wherever you are.
Need help settling in? Contact our experts for advice on housing, work, visas, education or anything else you need to know.
Baseline savings of $299.16 over three years
Save a minimum of $299.16 over three years if you meet the following conditions :
Savings of $299.16 based on:
The full flat monthly fee of $14.25 will be applied to your banking package from the fourth year. To be eligible for savings, you must commit to keeping the account and package for a minimum of 36 months. You will receive no further discounts if the products are cancelled.
Maximum savings of $614.98 over three years
Save up to $614.98 over three years if you meet the following conditions:
Savings of $614.98 over three years based on:
The full flat monthly fee of $14.25 will be applied to your banking package from the fourth year.
Note on savings
To enjoy the full savings, you must keep the products and services and carry out all required transactions for a minimum of 36 months, unless otherwise indicated. If you fail to meet the conditions of the offer, your savings will be lower. Your savings will be lower if you do not order cheques or rent a safety deposit box.
If during a given month, you keep your bank account and banking package, but do not keep all of the other products and services indicated or do not carry out all of the required transactions (e.g. only one electronic bill payment per month instead of two), you will be charged National Bank's service fee for that month. The service fee will be $7.13 monthly the second year and $10.69 the third. You will still enjoy monthly savings of $7.12 during the second year and $3.56 during the third.
Finally, if you no longer hold a bank account or banking package for newcomers, you will no longer be eligible for savings.
™ National Bank Assistance Network is a trademark of National Bank of Canada, used under licence by authorized third parties.
® Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Inc. Authorized user: National Bank.
® Edition is a registered trademark of National Bank of Canada.
® THE EXCHANGE is a registered trademark of Fiserv Inc.
1. Our banking offer for newcomers is available to immigrants who have been living in Canada for less than 5 years. See the Details and conditions of the offer for the full terms and conditions. The offer may be modified, extended or withdrawn, without prior notice, at any time. The offer may not be combined or used with any other National Bank offer, promotion or benefit. Fees may apply for transactions not included in the banking offer for newcomers. For more information on transaction fees, see our Guide to Personal Banking Solutions [PDF].
2. Telephone assistance service offered by National Bank Assistance Network, valid for 12 months from your account opening date. The content of the packages and terms described are subject to change.
3. Financing subject to credit approval by National Bank. Certain conditions apply. Eligible credit cards: MC1, Edition® , Allure, Syncro, Platinum, ECHO Cashback, World and World Elite.
4. Security deposit may be required under certain circumstances.
5. Financing subject to credit approval by National Bank. Certain conditions apply.
6. National Bank ABMs or ABMs in THE EXCHANGEMD network
7. Eligible electronic payments: payments made via ABMs, pre-authorized debits and digital banking solutions (including payments through National Bank online or the National Bank mobile app).
8. Shipping fees and taxes not included.