*No purchase necessary. The contest is open to all people studying in any healthcare related program or working in any healthcare establishments in Canada and are residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time they enter this contest. Contest runs from May 6th 2019 to August 30th 2019. The draw will be held on September 9th 2019. One prize of $5,000 CAD will be given and send in the name of the winner by cheque. The winner must correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing. Contest rules are available at the National Bank booth or
Eligibility, Terms and Conditions
1. The contest is organized by National Bank of Canada (the “Contest Organizer”). The contest takes place in Canada from May 6th 2019, to August 30th 2019, at 11:59 p.m., the “Contest Period”).
2. The contest is open to all people studying in any healthcare related program or working in any healthcare establishments in Canada and are residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time they enter this contest. This contest is not open to employees, agents, mandataries or representatives of the Contest Organizer; any company, corporation, trust, or other legal entity controlled by or linked to them; their advertising and promotion agencies; their suppliers of materials and services related to this Contest; or members of their respective immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, parents), their legal or common-law spouse, or any individual residing with such employees, agents, mandataries or representatives.
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary
Here's how to enter the contest during the Contest Period:
3.1. In person at a National Bank booth:
To enter, you must do the following during the Contest Period:
a. Go to one of the National Bank booths in one of the health establishment or health event in Canada
b. Fill in the electronic form at the booth
c. Click the box to enter the draw on the electronic form to participate
d. Submit the online form once completed
a. Access the online form through the contest page: nbc.ca/healthcontest
b. Fill in the electronic form
c. Click the box to enter the draw on the electronic form to participate
d. Submit the online form once completed
3.3. Write-in entry
It is possible to enter the contest without visiting the National Bank booth or entering online.
To do so, you must:
1. Send us an original, handwritten letter of at least 50 words explaining why you would like to win.
2. Your write-in entry must include your first and last name, age, full address (including postal code), telephone number (including area code) and email address.
3. Send the entry in an envelope with sufficient postage, postmarked no later than August 30th, or your entry will become void. Entries can be mailed to the following address:
National Bank of Canada
‘’Healthcare contest 2019’’ (write-in entry)
600 rue de la Gauchetière, 19th Floor
Montreal, Qc, H3B 4L2
C/O Benoit Legendre
Upon receipt of your letter containing all required information, we will enter the personal information provided (first and last name, telephone number (including area code), address (including postal code) and email address) in the database used for this contest. You will receive one entry in the contest.
Write-in entries are subject to the same eligibility criteria applicable to other entries.
3.4. Contest entry limits Subject to what is expressly provided in the rules and below, there is a limit of one (1) entry per eligible person per day for the entire Contest Period, regardless of the manner of participation. No purchase necessary.
1. One (1) prize is offered in the contest.
The prize consists of five thousand dollars Canadian (CDN $5,000), awarded in the form of a cheque payable to the individuals selected and declared winners.
DRAW AND CHANCES OF WINNING
4. Draw and chances of winning. One (1) entry will be selected at random at the Head Office of the Contest Organizer (600 rue de la Gauchetière, 19th Floor) at 12:00 noon (ET) on Monday September 9th, among all entries received and registered under this regulation in order to award the prize. The chances that a participant's entry will be selected in the draw will depend on the number of entries registered during the Contest Period.
CLAIMING THE PRIZE
5. To be declared the winner, the selected participant must:
a) Be contacted via phone or email on the five (5) business days following the day of the draw.
b) Complete and sign the declaration and liability waiver (the "Waiver") confirming that they have met all the conditions stipulated in the Contest Rules, and return it to the Contest Organizer within five (5) days of its receipt.
c) Have correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question that appears on the Waiver.
d) Provide photo identification upon request and in a timely manner.
e) The selected participant agrees to allow the Contest Organizer to to use your full name, photograph, statements about the prize, geographical location and/or voice for publicity purposes. You will not be compensated for the use of any of these
By signing the declaration, you agree to the following:
1. The prize will be as it is described in these contest rules.
2. You cannot transfer the prize to another person or replace it with another prize.
6. If one of the conditions listed herein is not met or the prize is not accepted, the selected participant will be disqualified. In such cases, the Contest Organizer may, at its sole discretion, cancel the prize or select another entry at random until a participant has been selected and declared the winner.
7. Within two (2) weeks of receiving the duly completed and signed Waiver, the Contest Organizer will send the winner his/her prize according to the terms of possession of the prize.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
8. Verification. All photos, videos and related entries, write-in entry letters and Waivers are subject to verification by the Contest Organizer. Therefore, photos and video and related entries, write-in entry letters and Waivers that are incomplete, illegible, fraudulent, obtained from an unauthorized source, posted or submitted late, or otherwise non-compliant will automatically be rejected and will not qualify as an entry or for the prize. In such cases, and at its sole discretion, the Contest Organizer may hold a new draw.
9. Disqualification and exclusion. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel an individual's entry or disqualify an individual from this contest and/or exclude him/her from any other future contest or promotion held by the Contest Organizer if he/she attempts to enter this contest using methods that do not comply with these contest rules or that are unfair to other participants (e.g., entries in excess of the allowed limit), or if he/she is suspected of having tampered with the operation of the contest, having made a false declaration in connection with his/her participation, or having violated these contest rules. Such individuals may be reported to the competent judicial authorities.¸
10. Contest operation. Any attempt to deliberately sabotage the contest or any related website or to hamper the legitimate conduct of the contest is a violation of civil and criminal law. In the event of such an attempt, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to reject the participant’s entry and seek redress under the law.
11. Acceptance of the prize. The prize must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not be transferred in whole or in part to another individual or substituted for another prize, subject to the conditions in the following section.
12. Limitation of liability: use of prize. By entering the contest, the selected participant releases the Contest Organizer, any company, corporation, trust, or other legal entity controlled by or linked to them, their advertising and promotion agencies, their employees, agents, mandataries and representatives (“Beneficiaries”) from any and all damages he/she may incur as a result of accepting or using the prize, notably any tax impact.
13. Limitation of liability: contest operation. The Beneficiaries will not be liable for the malfunction of any computer hardware, software or communication line resulting in the loss or absence of a network communication, or any faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or deleted transmission by a computer or network that could limit or prevent an individual from participating in this contest. The Beneficiaries will also not be liable for any damage or loss caused, either directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by downloading any Internet page, software or other component, or transmitting any information in order to participate in the contest.
14. Modification of the Contest. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest, in whole or in part, if any event or human intervention occurs that could alter or influence the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the contest as provided for in these rules, subject to the approval, if required, of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec.
15. End of contest entry. In the event that the computer system is unable, for any reason, to record all the entries during the Contest Period, or if participation in the contest must be terminated in whole or in part prior to the scheduled end date, the Contest Organizer may, at its discretion, conduct the draw based on the duly registered entries received during the Contest Period or, if applicable, up to the date of the event that terminated participation in the contest.
16. Prize limits. Under no circumstances will the Contest Organizer be required to award more prizes or award a prize otherwise than in accordance with these rules.
17. Limitation of liability: participation in the contest. By entering or attempting to enter this contest, every participant releases the Beneficiaries from any liability or damages he/she may incur as a result of entering or attempting to enter the contest.
18. Authorization. By entering the contest, the participant selected as the prize winner authorizes the Contest Organizer and its representatives to use, if required, his/her name, photograph, video, image, voice, place of residence and/or statements about the prize for publicity purposes, without any form of compensation.
19. Communication with participants. There will be no communication or correspondence with contest participants except as set out in these rules or if initiated by the Contest Organizer.
20. Personal information. Participants' personal information collected for the purposes of this contest will be used for contest administration purposes only. Unless otherwise agreed, no commercial or other communication unrelated to the contest will be sent to participants.
21. Property. Write-in entry letters and Waivers are the property of the Contest Organizer and will under no circumstances be returned to the participant.
22. Participant identification. For the purposes of these rules, the participant is the individual whose name appears on the entry form; the prize will be awarded to this individual and the individual designated by the participant in the Waiver if he/she is selected and declared the winner, subject to the following section.
23. Decision of Contest Organizer. All decisions by the Contest Organizer or its representatives regarding this contest are final and without appeal, subject to any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, for residents of Quebec, on any matter over which it has jurisdiction.
24. Disputes. For residents of Quebec, any dispute respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any dispute respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie solely for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
25. Divisibility clause. Should any clause of these rules be declared or ruled illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, said clause will be considered invalid. However, all other clauses that are not affected will be applied within the limits permitted by law.
26. Language. In the event of a discrepancy between the English and French versions of these rules, the French version shall prevail.
© BANQUE NATIONALE DU CANADA. Tous droits réservés 2019.