Between July 2nd and September 2nd, 2019, you can earn 25% more regular reward points or cashback on your credit card when you purchase gas at Ultramar using your eligible National Bank credit card.
Mastercard credit cards eligible for the offer
- World Elite
- Platinum Business
- ECHO Cashback
- Ovation Gold
Are you a globetrotter? Opt for a credit card with a rewards plan designed for trips and vacations.
For every dollar spent with the À la carte Travel agency, you can enjoy your rewards even sooner.
|Mastercard credit cards||World Elite,
|Additional points/$1 purchase||+1,5||+1,25||+1||+0,5|
Our partnership with Transat allows you quick access to an expert’s assistance. Make sure you have a good holiday and contact an agent.
Some service charges will apply
Your points are worth more with À la carte Travel. Get $100 off for every 10,000 points. Our most advantageous exchange rate!
Enjoy unique experiences with Mastercard Priceless Cities. Get room upgrades, exclusive menus, unique tours and many other surprises in great cities all over the world.
Offered with all Mastercard credit cards
You and a guest can enjoy free access to the National Bank World Mastercard Lounge15 at Montréal-Trudeau Airport. Snacks, bar service, Wi-Fi, newspapers and magazines—the Lounge has everything you need to wait for your flight in comfort.
Reserved for World Elite Mastercard cardholders
Protect yourself from the unexpected with our insurance plan4. It covers emergency medical care; 24/7 assistance; trip interruption or cancellation; delay, loss or theft of baggage; flight delays; and rental vehicles.
Reserved for World, World Elite and Platinum Mastercard cardholders
Have you already paid for your holiday? Calculate the refund you are eligible for with À la carte Rewards.
Eligible expenses include: airline tickets, car rental, travel packages, hotel reservations, cruises, etc.
|Points||12 000||55 000||77 000||110 000|
Forget about fumbling through your wallet. Pay for your in-store, in-app and online purchases in seconds with Apple Pay® or Google Pay®.
Offered with all Mastercard credit cards
Get help organizing your trip, booking tables at popular restaurants, buying show tickets and much more—whether you are travelling or at home.
Reserved for World or World Elite Mastercard cardholders.
Use pre-authorized debits to set up automated monthly credit card payments and never miss a deadline again! It's easy!
Offered with all Mastercard credit cards
Benefit from Mastercard's Zero Liability policy—you won't be held liable for unauthorized transactions completed with your card.
Offered with all Mastercard credit cards
Between July 2nd and September 2nd, 2019, you can earn 25% more regular reward points or cashback on your credit card when you purchase gas at Ultramar using your eligible National Bank credit card. The cards eligible for the offer are the World Elite Mastercard, World Mastercard, Platinum Mastercard, Platinum Mastercard Business Card, mycredit Mastercard, ECHO Cashback Mastercard, Ovation Gold Mastercard, Edition Mastercard with Reward Plan, Allure Mastercard with Reward Plan and Escapade Mastercard. The points earned will be posted four to six weeks following the transaction. Certain conditions apply. Please consult the applicable rules governing reward points under Rewards at www.nbc.ca. Your account must be in good standing when the points you earn during this promotion are posted. Your account is considered to be in good standing when you fulfill the obligatory conditions under your cardholder agreement (e.g. make the minimum payment by the due date). National Bank reserves the right to end this promotion at any time without notice.
Consult the Agreement Governing the Use of the National Bank Mastercard Credit Card [PDF]
®ECHO, ALLURE and À LA CARTE REWARDS PLAN are registered trademarks of National Bank.
™À LA CARTE TRAVEL, SYNCRO and MYCREDIT are trademarks of National Bank.
®Mastercard, WORLD Mastercard, WORLD ELITE , Tap & Go and PRICELESS CITIES are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Inc. Authorized user: National Bank.
®ULTRAMAR is a registered trademark of Valero. Used under licence.
®CAA, CAA logo, CAA Rewards and CAA Dollars trademarks owned by, and use is authorized by, the Canadian Automobile Association.
® Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Inc. is not a sponsor of or participant in National Bank Mobile Banking Solutions.
® Google Pay is a trademark of Google LLC. The use of this trademark is subject to Google Inc.’s authorization policy.
1. Subject to credit approval by National Bank.
2. Grace period: No interest will be charged on purchases made during the month, provided the client pays the balance in full within twenty-one (21) days of the statement date. This grace period does not apply to cash advances or balance transfers. The minimum payment to be made to the Bank every period will be equal to 2.5% of the account balance plus any overdue amount or $10, whichever is higher (or the account balance if it is lower than $10). If the credit limit is exceeded, the minimum payment required will be 2.5% of the account balance or the amount in excess of the credit limit, whichever is higher. Account statement: A statement is sent monthly.
Examples of credit charges
Example of credit charges over a 30-day period:
Annual interest rate
*Variable interest rate in effect on July 1, 2017
3. Subject to credit approval by National Bank. Each balance transfer must be at least $250.
4. This coverage applies to purchases and rentals charged in part to the card, except out-of-province medical/hospital insurance for which the travel arrangements need not be charged to the card, and lost or delayed luggage insurance where all transportation costs must be charged to the card. This coverage applies to the primary cardholder, his/her spouse and/or dependent children when they (spouse and/or dependent children) travel with the primary cardholder. Extended warranty coverage applies to most new items purchased with the card, in Canada or abroad, as long as the manufacturer's warranty is valid in Canada. Certain conditions and restrictions apply. For more information and for details of your insurance coverage, please consult the insurance certificate associated with your card.
5. Certain conditions apply. Visit mastercard.ca for more information. Refer to the credit card terms and conditions.
6. Donations made annually by National Bank representing a percentage of sales charged to the card over a period of 12 months by all Allure card holders. The percentage of sales to be donated is at the sole discretion of National Bank, but the total amount of donations paid by National Bank will not exceed $450,000 per year. To find out more about the calculation period and applicable conditions, visit yourallure.ca.
7. The discount applies when you purchase gift cards for Allure partners on yourallure.ca. It will be applied to the total gift card amount. Cards must be purchased in multiples of $25. No discounts will be granted in store upon presentation of an Allure card. Lost, stolen or damaged gift cards will not be replaced. Allure card partners may change. Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic gift cards can be used at any Gap, Old Navy or Banana Republic store in North America. Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic gift cards can be used to purchase in-store items only. If you have any questions concerning Gap, Old Navy or Banana Republic gift cards, call (respectively) 1‑800‑GAP‑STYLE, 1‑800‑OLD‑NAVY or 1‑888‑BR‑STYLE.
8. Cashback on gas purchases made at Ultramar. Please note that the combined total of the three cashbacks cannot exceed $250 per year. Gas rebates vary according to your monthly and annual gas purchases at Ultramar service stations and are subject to certain conditions.
9. All purchases charged to your Ultramar Mastercard are taken into account in determining your discount percentage, excluding purchases made at Ultramar service stations or Ultramar Business & Home Energy.
10. The prime rate means the annual variable interest rate posted by National Bank, from time to time, and used by the Bank to determine the interest rates on the demand loans it grants in Canadian dollars in Canada.
11. The interest rate for the Syncro card consists of a variable prime rate set by National Bank plus a fixed adjustment rate of 4% for purchases and 8% for balance transfers and cash advances. Please note that the annual interest rate for the Syncro card will not be less than 8.9% for purchases and 12.9% for balance transfers and cash advances.
12. The net purchase volume is the amount of purchases charged to the account minus returned items or refunds. Annual fees, balance transfers and cash advances are not included in the calculation.
13. On condition that required supporting documents are provided in the manner and time frame prescribed. Some restrictions may apply.
14. The maximum amount that can be submitted for reimbursement between January 1 and December 31 of each year is $250. Eligible expenses include: airport parking fees (maximum $100), baggage fees (maximum $100) and seat selection fees (maximum $50). The claim must be submitted within 60 days of the purchase date and accompanied by proof of purchase. The travel fees must be charged to the National Bank World Elite Mastercard credit card. The maximum reimbursement amount is $250 per account. An amount not claimed in a year cannot be carried over to the following year. For more information or to obtain a copy of the reimbursement claim form, call 1‑888‑296‑8881 (toll-free) in Canada and the United States, or +1‑416‑734‑3922 (collect) from anywhere in the world.
15. Exclusively available to holders of the World Elite Mastercard. Visitors must present their credit card and boarding pass to access to the National Bank Lounge. Further to a decision by Aéroports de Montréal, the National Bank Lounge will only be available to clients flying to destinations outside the U.S. and Canada, effective April 3, 2019. Guests cannot spend more than three (3) hours in the Lounge. For National Bank clients who do not have free Lounge access and for additional guests, admission is around $40 for adults and $25 for children, plus tax. Admission is free for children under three years old. The entry price may change at any time without notice and at the discretion of the Lounge operator.
16. Certain restrictions apply. Please consult the rules governing reward points under Rewards plan.
17. User fees apply to balance transfers and cash advances.
18. The cashback is based on a point accumulation system. For every $2 you spend using your Allure or Edition Mastercard credit card, you will receive 1 point, provided your account is in good standing. Once a year, in January, you will receive a $10 cashback for every 1,000 points earned. Your account is in good standing when you comply with the obligations of your cardholder agreement (e.g., making your minimum payment by the due date). For details, see the Terms and conditions [PDF].
19. Coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida and American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, under group insurance policies NBC0516 and NBCL0516. Details of the insurance coverage, including definitions, benefits, limitations, and exclusions, are set out in the insurance certificate sent with your card. Please read the insurance certificate, keep it in a safe place with your other important documents, and bring it with you when you travel.
20. Coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida and American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, under group insurance policies NBC0316 and NBCL0316. Details of the insurance coverage, including definitions, benefits, limitations, and exclusions, are set out in the insurance certificate sent with your card. Please read the insurance certificate, keep it in a safe place with your other important documents, and bring it with you when you travel.
21. You earn CAA Dollars equal to 1% of eligible purchases made using your CAA Rewards Mastercard credit card. Each $100 expense made with your credit card entitles you to 1 CAA Dollar. At the end of each month, your CAA Club will receive information on the accumulated CAA Dollars from National Bank. Your CAA Club is responsible for the issuance, administration and redemption of CAA Dollars in accordance with the terms and conditions of the program. CAA Dollars are not earned on cash advances, balance transfers, cash-like transactions, Mastercard cheques, payments, credits, interest charges, foreign exchange fees, credit insurance premiums and other fees and charges. CAA Dollars are not earned on any purchases prohibited by the laws of Canada or any other country. You will qualify to earn CAA Dollars as soon as your card is activated and purchases are made, unless your account is not in good standing, has been suspended or terminated, or other qualifications for eligibility are not met.
Additional 1%: Add the equivalent of 1% cashback in CAA Dollars on eligible purchases made with your credit card. Expenses must be made in participating stores, boutiques and CAA travel centres, using an eligible Mastercard code. Visit your CAA club’s website for the list of participants. Mastercard codes are subject to change.
22. All eligible purchases qualify for 1% cashback when your account is in good standing. Your account is in good standing when you comply with the obligations of your cardholder agreement (e.g., making your minimum payment by the due date). An additional cashback of 0.5% is granted on the first $25,000 of eligible gas, grocery and online purchases charged annually to your credit card account. The additional cashback of 0.5% does not apply when the total of your annual eligible purchases exceeds $25,000. After that, the cashback equals 1% of eligible purchases, regardless of the type of purchase. For conditions and restrictions that apply to cashback rewards and a full list of codes associated with eligible merchants, refer to the cashback accumulation table [PDF] and the applicable rules [PDF].
23. The 20% discount applies to regular ticket prices for shows at Théâtre Banque Nationale, taxes included. Call 418‑698‑4080 or visit a participating point of sale to take advantage of this offer. Just present your National Bank client card or National Bank Mastercard. Service charges not included. Limit of two (2) tickets per client per show. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion.
25. No charge for requests made within 30 days of statement date.
26. Cards included: Syncro, MC1, Ultramar, Allure, Escapade, Ovation Gold and Platinum.
27. Subject to the mobile device’s purchase with the card or mobile plan settled by recurring pre-authorized payments from your mycredit account.
28. Subject to the Agreement governing the use of the Mastercard credit card issued by National Bank.
29. Subject to credit approval by National Bank of Canada. The cashback granted is 1% on restaurant purchases and on recurring pre-authorized payments when you use recurring automatic transfers with your mycredit account. The cashback of 0.5% applies to all other eligible purchases during a billing cycle. The account must be in good standing when the cashback is awarded. Your account is in good standing when you comply with the obligations of your cardholder agreement (e.g., making your minimum payment by the due date). These eligible automatic transfers are defined as regular payments that are automatically withdrawn by a merchant on your credit card. Balance transfers, cash advances and fees resulting from the use of the card are excluded from the cashback calculation. For conditions and restrictions that apply to cashback rewards, refer to the Cashback Program [PDF].