National Bank announces the roll-out of new measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. These measures will enable it to better protect its clients and employees while ensuring satisfactory access to its banking services.
"I'd like to thank Bank employees and clients, who have been taking the right actions to adapt to the situation and help us tackle this exceptional challenge. The measures we’re announcing today will ensure a better balance between health and accessibility. They will enable us to continue supporting our clients while adapting to the current circumstances," said Lucie Blanchet, Executive Vice-President – Personal Banking and Client Experience at National Bank.
Like other financial institutions and many businesses across the country, National Bank has temporarily adjusted its number of points of service. As of tomorrow, 96 of our 414 branches will be closed to consolidate our services and the business hours of around ten branches will be considerably reduced. All other branches will remain open and will serve clients as follows:
- Across Canada, excluding Atlantic provinces: from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday. Branches that are normally open Thursday evenings and Saturdays will maintain that schedule.
- Atlantic provinces only: from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday to Friday. Branches that are normally open Saturdays will maintain that schedule.
The branch locator reflect this new information.
Client meetings in branches may be maintained, postponed, moved to another point of service or carried out remotely, depending on their nature. The Bank will contact the clients concerned shortly. Clients can also contact their branch to confirm their meeting.
The Bank invites all clients who think they may have been in contact with a person infected with COVID-19, those who have recently returned from abroad, those who are uncertain about their health status and those who are showing symptoms to comply with the voluntary self-isolation period recommended by public authorities.
All of National Bank's ABMs will remain available at all times, as usual. Clients can also carry out most of their everyday banking transactions online or via the National Bank app at any time.
The business hours of our phone banking services have been adjusted to ensure service continuity:
- Personal Banking: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday
- Commercial Banking: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday
Given the current situation, wait times may be longer than usual. We thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: The Bank ask its clients to use the digital channels at
their disposal, when the nature of their request permits, to reduce
pressure on its call centres.
Measures already in place
- The Bank supports its individual and business clients by offering flexible solutions tailored to their specific situation, if needed.
- Since March 13, all employees whose work permits it have been working remotely on an ongoing basis. Employees who need to come in to the workplace have been given clear instructions and additional hygiene items. As a precaution, some teams are working at recovery sites to comply with social distancing guidelins.
- Additional hygiene measures have been rolled out at all branches and offices. ABMs in particular are being given specific attention.
- Business trips and gatherings have been cancelled.
Furthermore, employees returning from abroad or who may have been
exposed to the virus must undergo a period of quarantine.