How do I open a National Bank account?
Here's how to apply for a chequing account:
- Choose the account you want to open, according to your profile
- Click Open an account, under the package of your choice.
- Click Become client if you are not already a client, or click Sign in if you are already a client
- Follow the instructions.
How do I transfer money to my new National Bank account?
Once your account is open, you can transfer money to your National Bank account with Interac e-Transfer ®.
- From the online platform of your current financial institution, add yourself as a recipient using your email or mobile number.
- Send money to yourself.
- When you receive an email or text message, choose National Bank and sign in to your new account to accept the transfer.
Note that the maximum amount you can send by Interac e-Transfer ® is $3,000 per 24-hour period, or $10,000 per week.
How do I transfer my RRSP and TFSA?
To transfer your savings and investments, contact us by filling out our appointment form.
One of our advisors will be happy to help you.
How do I change my pre-authorized debits and payroll deposit?
Don't forget to transfer all your pre-authorized debits and the account where your pay is to be deposited by updating your bank details with your suppliers and employer.
Consult our guide on how to transfer your account to make sure you don't forget anything, and learn how to download your void cheque.
How do I use my new bank account?
To discover the features offered by your online bank and National Bank app, visit our help centre and watch our demos.