Through our sponsorship program, we partner with organizations that have a strong socio-economic impact in Canada, while ensuring a positive impact on National Bank's brand and business development. We also select our partners based on our environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria.
National Bank has a rigorous sponsorship policy in place to ensure that each request received is given due consideration.
National Bank gives priority to sponsorships that correspond to its values and strategic objectives and that reach out to its core target groups. To help you prepare your sponsorship request, here are some of the questions that your request should address.
- Would you offer exclusivity in the banking sector?
- Does your sponsorship proposal give National Bank visibility beyond having our logo displayed?
- Would National Bank have an optimal opportunity to interact with your clientele through this sponsorship?
- Is your sponsorship request associated with one
of National Bank’s preferred sectors?
- Do you have statistics on the event or organization for which you are making a sponsorship request? By statistics, we mean survey results, attendance numbers, quantitative descriptions of participants, etc.
- How would you describe your client reach (geographic base, scope, demographic range)?
- Do you envisage a role for National Bank employees in this sponsorship?
In order to be fair and disciplined in our approach, we have decided
to exclude the following from our sponsorship policy:
- Requests from individuals (for personal benefit)
- Golf tournaments
- Support for professional and amateur athletes, except through the Fondation de l'athlète d'excellence du Québec
- Amateur sports teams
- Activities held outside of Canada
- Projects related to a political party, a candidate of a political party or a lobby group
- Graduation balls and albums
- Feasibility studies
- Trips and excursions
- Advertising and public relations campaignsVideos and books
Management of sponsorships
Sponsorship requests are examined on the basis of a strict, well-defined process, which is why National Bank has developed a checklist that enables it to assess the relevance of each sponsorship in relation to its business objectives. We apply the following principles:
- Only one financial contribution to any one organization in a given year
- Sponsorships are not automatically renewed from one year to the next (unless there is a long-term agreement), and all new requests must be evaluated on their own merits
- The long-term viability of an event, how effectively it is managed, and the soundness of its financial management are also important aspects in allocating sponsorships
Allow a minimum three-month period (90 days) for the analysis and evaluation of all sponsorship requests made to National Bank.
Sponsorship of amateur athletes
National Bank does not directly sponsor any amateur athletes. Since 1993, we have been providing financial support to the Fondation de l'athlète d'excellence du Québec through the National Bank Bursaries program, which aims to help promising young athletes rise to the top of their field and athletes at the end of their careers who want to return to school.
For more details, visit the Fondation de l’athlète d’excellence du Québec website.