Help centre

I just immigrated to Canada. Can I open an FHSA?

You can open an FHSA if:

  • You reside in Canada, with permanent or temporary resident status
  • You have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) or a Temporary Identification Number (TIN)
  • You meet the eligibility criteria


Check out our guide to buying your first home in Canada to learn about the eligibility criteria.


Good to know

Some restrictions may apply depending on your situation at the time of purchase.

Related questions

Picto of two text bubbles

Chat with our virtual assistant

Ask a question for immediate answers to your questions, available 24/7