Help centre

I'm not a resident of Canada. Will I receive a tax slip?

You won't receive a T3 or RL-16 tax slip. Instead, you'll get an additional NR4 slip setting out your taxable distributions. Depending on your country of residence, National Bank Investments Inc. will withhold 15% to 25% of your distribution for income taxes. Capital gains distributions and capital returns are not taxable.

Distributions paid are shown in box 16, "Gross income." Income taxes withheld on the distribution by National Bank Investments Inc. and paid to the Canada Revenue Agency are shown in box 17. These income taxes can usually be deducted from the income tax payable in your country of residence.

For more information, contact your tax advisor.

Related questions

Picto of two text bubbles

Chat with our virtual assistant

Ask a question for immediate answers to your questions, available 24/7