What is a Non-Redeemable USD GIC?
Grow your USD investments with a competitive fixed interest rate and flexible terms.
Perfect if you are looking to:
- Take advantage of a great fixed rate
- Invest in a GIC offering a higher rate than the Redeemable USD GIC
Minimum investment: $5,000
Access to funds: No
Investment horizon: 1 month to 5 years
Select the term and interest type of your non-redeemable GIC in USD. If you’re already a client, you can choose the plan in which to invest your GIC (TFSA, RRSP or non-registered account) in a second step.
|Term||Minimum investment||Rate||Interest type||Get this GIC|
Our advisors can help you choose the GIC that's right for you.
Little details that matter
- Simple interest only, paid in USD.
- Interest paid at maturity for terms of less than one year.
- Interest paid twice a year (April 30 and October 31) for terms of one year or more.
Access to funds
Cannot be cashed in before maturity.
Interest is calculated annually.
Automatic renewal: Unless otherwise instructed, we will automatically renew your GIC at maturity for the same amount (principal and interest) and term at the prevailing rate. You will have 10 business days after the new GIC is issued to cancel the renewal.
Another great option
Invest your funds and cash them in at any time