Remote cheque deposits with a scanner
In just a few simple steps, you can streamline your Canadian and American dollar deposits with our Digital Deposits service.1
- Sign up for our Digital Deposits service (conditions and fees apply).
- Purchase a compatible scanner.2
- Log in to Internet Banking Solutions for Businesses.
- Send your Canadian and American dollar cheques electronically.
Make same-day deposits whenever and wherever you want.3
Saves you time
Spend less time at the bank and more time growing your business.
View your deposits, carry out searches and create deposit reports with or without cheque images anytime.
Preauthorized debits in Canadian and U.S. dollars
- Automatically collect payments (insurance, rental fees, membership fees, utilities, etc.) from your clients' bank accounts.
- Receive the amounts collected directly in your bank account.
- Collect payments from any personal or commercial account at any financial institution that is a member of Payments Canada.
- Obtain simple and practical control reports.
- Transfer deposits made at National Bank branches and other financial institutions to your company's main account.
- Quickly consolidate your liquid assets and streamline cash management for your business.
- Streamline cash management with daily reports showing the source and amount of each deposit.
Electronic payment of accounts
Reduce your operating costs by eliminating tasks related to payment processing, mailing, bank deposits, reconciliation of accounts receivable and the handling and filing of paid invoices.
- Offer your clients more payment methods: at the counter or ABM, by phone, online or with another financial institution.
- Optimize your cash management with daily deposits of receivables
- Access reports and files that contain all the information on payments received.
In addition to our electronic payment of accounts service, with the lockbox service, we process the payments you receive by mail from across Canada. This service will reduce your collection, filing, operating and administrative costs.
- We'll process your cheques and deposit your funds in your account on the day of the lockbox pick-up.
- Benefit from a cutting-edge solution for image processing.
- Access your cheque images, stubs and correspondence online.
- Archive your cheque images, stubs and correspondence for 3 or 10 years.
- Update your client accounts using electronic files.
Receipt of EDI (electronic data interchange) payments
Receive electronic payments from your clients in EDI format, along with an EDI payment notice. If you do not use EDI technology, we will receive the payments on your behalf and fax you the payment notice.
Computerized deposit processing
- Centralize deposits from different branches, subsidiaries or divisions into the same account so you can access all deposits carried out for your company at any National Bank of Canada branch in Canada or any National Bank Trust branch in Quebec.
- Streamline cash management with daily reports setting out the source and amount of each deposit.
Electronic deposit slips
2. Print two copies of the deposit slip, one for your files and one to be enclosed with the deposit contents.
3. Make sure the depositor's signature appears in the appropriate place.
N.B.: The total and subtotal will be calculated automatically.
1 Conditions and fees apply. For more information, consult the Fee Guide – Banking Services for Businesses.
2 You’ll have to purchase a scanner at your own expense from our supplier Paystation or from a supplier of your choice.
3 Deposits will be carried out under the day's date if they are made before 9:00 p.m. (ET) on a business day; otherwise, they will be carried out under the next day's date.