Invest for your retirement
Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs) are used to accumulate retirement capital. Compare our investing solutions and contribute to your RRSP online for your retirement with National Bank’s solutions.
Why should I contribute to an RRSP?
With an registered retirement savings plan, you can defer paying taxes on invested money until you retire.
The income and capital gains generated by your investments grow tax-free until you start making withdrawals.
Since your retirement tax rate is likely to be lower than you're working tax rate, you have more freedom to maintain your lifestyle.
Who can contribute to an RRSP?
Anyone aged 71 years or younger with earned income
- Net employment income
- Net rental income (real estate or other property)
- Net business income
- Taxable support payments, etc.
Which investments are RRSP-eligible?
RRSP or TFSA?
RRSP Guidelines and Advice
- Make regular contributions
- Financing needs
- Maximum contribution
- Maximize your RRSP (example)
- Use your RRSP
- Home Buyer's Plan (HBP)
- Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP)
- Plan your retirement
- Service charges applicable to registered plans
- The 7 golden rules of investing
- Diversify your investments
- Improve the return on your investments
- Define your investment strategy
- Save for your children's education
- Reduce income taxes on your investments
Whether you're saving for a short-term project or for your retirement, MyIdea will help you plan your savings using investment solutions that are tailored to your needs.