People working in a healthcare facility.
The offer is intended for all Personal Banking clients who do not have a National Bank Chequing account.
Apply online and an advisor will contact you to set up an appointment.
Choose where to meet our experts and get personalized advice and solutions.
Choose between the security of a fixed-rate loan, the profitability of a variable-rate loan, or opt for a combination of both.
The promotional offer is valid from December 16, 2019, to October 31, 2022.
The offer is intended for all Personal Banking clients who do not have a National Bank Chequing account. You must be an employee (including part-time, full-time, temporary, permanent and contract jobs or between two jobs) in a healthcare facility. To qualify, proof of employment (or from your last employment in this field if in transition between two jobs) is required.
To qualify, you must open a Chequing account and sign up for the eligible products during the promotional period. You must have reached the age of majority in your province at the time of your enrolment in the covered products.
The offer may be modified, extended or withdrawn without prior notice at any time. Employees of National Bank and its subsidiaries and entities are not eligible.
The offer may not be combined or used with any other National Bank offer, promotion or benefit and cannot be applied retroactively. There is a limit of one cashback per eligible product during this promotion. The offer can only be applied once. Only the primary account holder is eligible for the offer. An additional cardholder on a joint account who opens a new account will not be eligible for this offer. The cashback amount varies according to the conditions fulfilled.
Chequing account offer
To be eligible for the Chequing account offer and to get up to $400 cashback, you must open a new Chequing account linked to an eligible banking package (The Modest®, The ConnectedTM or The TotalTM) or one of the eligible offers for professionals or offers for students and meet the promotional offer conditions.
First cashback conditions
After opening your new Chequing account and choosing an eligible product you must:
Double cashback conditions
After the account is opened, you have 60 days to meet all cashback offer conditions.
Cashbacks will be done in one (1) deposit in your new National Bank Chequing account within 120 days of the opening date for the subscribed products.
To be granted the cashback, you must maintain the eligible products and services, and not make any changes related to these products and services for a minimum of 12 months from the time you sign up for them. If you do not meet this condition, you will have to refund the Bank an amount corresponding to the period in which you did not keep your eligible products and services within 30 days of receiving the request for payment.
Clients who have benefited from a cashback offer on a chequing account since November 1, 2017, are not eligible for this offer.
1. Credit card is issued subject to credit approval by National Bank of Canada. Terms and conditions apply.
2. To be eligible, transactions must be made through our electronic solutions.
3. Transactions carried out at our ABMs, a participating merchant, through our online banking services (including our call centre) or those related to certain operations in your account.
4. No fees for sending an Interac e-Transfer®. Fees apply to the Interac e-Transfer® itself if you exceed the number of transactions included in your package.
5. Subject to credit approval by National Bank of Canada. The cashback granted is 1% on restaurant purchases and on recurring pre-authorized payments when you use recurring automatic transfers with your mycredit account. The cashback of 0.5% applies to all other eligible purchases during a billing cycle. The account must be in good standing when the cashback is awarded. Your account is in good standing when you comply with the obligations of your cardholder agreement (e.g., making your minimum payment by the due date). These eligible automatic transfers are defined as regular payments that are automatically withdrawn by a merchant on your credit card. Balance transfers, cash advances and fees resulting from the use of the card are excluded from the cashback calculation. For conditions and restrictions that apply to cashback rewards, refer to the Cashback Program [PDF].
6. Certain restrictions apply. Please consult the rules governing reward points under Rewards plan.
7. The cashback is based on a point-accumulation system. You get 1 point for every $2 you spend using your Allure Mastercard® credit card, providing your account is in good standing. Once a year, in January, you will receive a $10 cashback for every 1,000 points earned. Your account is considered to be in good standing when you fulfill the obligations under your cardholder agreement (e.g., make the minimum payment by the due date). Purchase amounts that were refunded do not count in the total number of points. For details, see the Terms and conditions [PDF].
8. National Bank donates $0.10 for every $10 charged to an Allure Mastercard® credit card account over a 12-month period to the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation. The annual donation is capped at $750,000.
9. APR as at 12-03-2019. APR - or Annual Percentage Rate - refers to the total cost of borrowing for a year. It includes the total interest and fees charged by the Bank based on a $300,000 fixed-rate mortgage for a 4-year closed term and 25-year amortization, and assumes a $5/month administration fee and a $330.00 appraisal fee. The appraisal fee may be adjusted or may not be charged as part of the assessment of your mortgage application.
10. Each trade must involve 100 or more exchange-traded funds (ETFs) units and must be carried out using our electronic solutions. You must also sign up to receive all your documents electronically.
Commission-free ETF trades are not counted when calculating:
Management and other fees may apply to ETF investments. Please read the prospectus before making an investment. ETFs are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
Regular pricing on equities trade applies if the $0 commission conditions on ETFs are not met.
TM THE CONNECTED, THE TOTAL, MYCREDIT and NATIONAL BANK DIRECT BROKERAGE are trademarks of National Bank of Canada.
® The Interac and Interac e-Transfer are registered trademarks of Interac Corp. Used under licence.
® MASTERCARD, WORLD ELITE and TAP & GO are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Inc. Authorized user: National Bank.
® THE MODEST, ALLURE and NATIONAL BANK are trademarks of National Bank of Canada.