Offer valid for 5 years
following your arrival
Easily open your account
from your country
without a credit history4
to help you get settled
The promotional offer is valid from August 16 to December 13, 2021 (the "promotional period").
This offer is intended for anyone who does not have a National Bank chequing account.
The offer may be modified, extended or withdrawn without prior notice at any time. You must have reached the age of majority when you open your chequing account. Employees of National Bank and its subsidiaries and entities are not eligible.
The offer may not be combined or used with any other offer, promotion or benefit applicable to National Bank chequing accounts and banking packages and cannot be applied retroactively. There is a limit of one cashback per eligible product during this promotion. Clients cannot benefit from the offer more than once. Only the primary account holder is eligible for the offer. Joint account holders who open a new account are not eligible for this offer.
To be eligible for the offer, you must open a new chequing account linked to one of the eligible banking packages or offers described below and meet the conditions of the offer.
Conditions of the $300 cashback offer:
To obtain a $300 cashback, you must open a chequing account with an eligible banking package or offer during the promotional period, then meet 2 of the following 3 conditions:
After the chequing account is opened, you have 60 days to meet all cashback offer conditions.
Timeframe for obtaining the cashback
If you meet the offer conditions, the cashback will be deposited into your new National Bank chequing account within 120 days of the account being opened.
To be granted the cashback, you must maintain the eligible products and services and not make any changes related to these products and services for a minimum of 12 months from the time you open the chequing account. If you do not meet this condition, you will have to refund National Bank an amount corresponding to the period in which you did not keep your eligible products and services, within 30 days of receiving the request for payment.
Clients who have benefitted from a cashback offer on a chequing account November 1, 2018 are not eligible for this offer.
® THE CONNECTED and THE TOTAL are registered trademarks of National Bank of Canada.
Baseline savings of $334.92 over three years
Save a minimum of $334.92 over three years if you meet the following conditions :
Savings of $334.92 based on:
The full flat monthly fee of $15.95 will be applied to your banking package from the fourth year. To be eligible for savings, you must commit to keeping the account and package for a minimum of 36 months. You will receive no further discounts if the products are cancelled.
Maximum savings of $700.02 over three years
Save up to $700.02 over three years if you meet the following conditions:
Savings of $700.02 over three years based on:
The full flat monthly fee of $15.95 will be applied to your banking package from the fourth year.
Note on savings
To enjoy the full savings, you must keep the products and services and carry out all required transactions for a minimum of 36 months, unless otherwise indicated. If you fail to meet the conditions of the offer, your savings will be lower. Your savings will be lower if you do not order cheques or rent a safety deposit box.
If during a given month, you keep your bank account and banking package, but do not keep all of the other products and services indicated or do not carry out all of the required transactions (e.g. only one electronic bill payment per month instead of two), you will be charged National Bank's service fee for that month. The service fee will be $7.98 monthly the second year and $11.96 the third. You will still enjoy monthly savings of $7.97 during the second year and $3.99 during the third.
Finally, if you no longer hold a bank account or banking package for newcomers, you will no longer be eligible for savings.
™ National Bank Assistance Network is a trademark of National Bank of Canada, used under licence by authorized third parties.
® Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Authorized user: National Bank.
® THE EXCHANGE is a registered trademark of Fiserv Inc.
1. Our banking offer for newcomers is available to immigrants who have been living in Canada for less than 5 years. See the Details and conditions of the offer for the full terms and conditions. The offer may be modified, extended or withdrawn, without prior notice, at any time. The offer may not be combined or used with any other National Bank offer, promotion or benefit. Fees may apply for transactions not included in the banking offer for newcomers. For more information on transaction fees, see our Guide to Personal Banking Solutions [PDF].
2. Telephone assistance service offered by National Bank Assistance Network, valid for 12 months from your account opening date. The content of the packages and terms described are subject to change.
3. Financing subject to credit approval by National Bank. Certain conditions apply. Eligible credit cards:mycredit, MC1, Allure, Syncro, Platinum, ECHO Cashback, World and World Elite.
4. Security may be required under certain circumstances.
5. Financing subject to credit approval by National Bank. Certain conditions apply.
6. National Bank ABMs or ABMs in THE EXCHANGEMD network
7. Eligible electronic payments: payments made via ABMs, pre-authorized debits and digital banking solutions (including payments through National Bank online or the National Bank mobile app).