Choose your National Bank credit card today and treat yourself to 20,000 free points. You can exchange your points for gift cards, travel deals, financial products, and much more. Oh, this also includes no annual fees for the first year and a free second card.
This offer for new cardholders ends May 31, 2022. A minimum purchase of $3,000 over 3 months is required to obtain the 20,000 points. Certain conditions apply.*
*Exclusive to the World Elite® Mastercard®
*Promotion valid from February 14, 2022 to May 31, 2022 for National Bank Platinum®, World, World Elite® and Platinum Business Mastercard® credit cards. To take advantage of this offer, you must sign up for an eligible National Bank credit card by May 31, 2022. Credit card issued subject to credit approval by National Bank. Certain conditions apply.
Savings on annual fees for the first year:
The annual fees for the card will be refunded for the first year for
the main cardholder and for the first authorized user added to the
account. To receive the annual fee refund for the first authorized
user, you must add them on the account opening application. Annual
fees will appear as a charge and credit on the 4th statement, at the
latest, after your account is opened.
The annual fees after the first year:
The primary cardholder is responsible for all charges to the account, including those incurred by authorized users.
Bonus rewards points:
The 20,000 rewards points applied under this promotion will be credited to the credit card account in a single payment no later than the 5th statement following the account opening:
Platinum, World, or World Elite Mastercard: you'll get 20,000 rewards points if $3,000 or more in net purchases are charged to the credit card account within the first three months following enrollment.
Platinum Business Mastercard: you'll get 20,000 rewards points if $5,000 or more in net purchases are charged to the credit card account within the first three months following enrollment.
The account must be in good standing at the time the annual fees are refunded and bonus rewards points are applied.
The net purchases charged to your card are calculated over a period of three months, starting at account opening. For example, if the account is opened March 15, 2022, the account holder will have until June 15, 2022 to charge the required amount of purchases to the account and obtain the bonus rewards points.
Net purchases refer to the amount in purchases charged to the account less returns and refunds. Annual fees, balance transfers, cash advances (including transactions that can be converted directly to cash, such as money orders, traveller's cheques and gambling transactions), interest charges and any other fees and adjustments are not considered purchases and are therefore not included in the calculation.
Eligibility and terms and conditions
This promotion is intended for individuals who do not have a National Bank Mastercard credit card and have not held a National Bank credit card within the last 24 months. There is a limit of 20,000 rewards points per eligible credit card account during the promotional period, regardless of the number of credit cards associated with the account. It cannot be combined with any other National Bank credit card promotion. Employees of National Bank and its subsidiaries and entities are not eligible for this promotion. The promotion may be modified, extended or cancelled, without prior notice, at any time
®Mastercard, Platinum Mastercard and World Elite are registered trademarks, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Authorized user: National Bank of Canada.
®/™Mastercard, Priceless and Priceless Cities are registered trademarks and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
TM CX Index and Forrester are trademarks of Forrester Research inc. National Bank of Canada received the highest CX IndexTM score among credit card issuers in Canada in Forrester’s proprietary 2022 CX IndexTM survey. The ranking was based on responses from 8,840 measuring 12 brands. The proprietary survey results are based on consumers’ opinions of the experiences with the brands in the survey. Forrester Research does not endorse any company included in any CX IndexTM report and does not advise any person to select the products or services of any particular company based on the ratings included in such reports.
1. Certain restrictions apply. Please consult the Plan rules regarding how to earn points.
2. Grace period: No interest will be charged on purchases made during the month, provided the client pays the balance in full within twenty-one (21) days of the statement date. This grace period does not apply to cash advances or balance transfers. Minimum payment: If your account balance is lower than $10, you must pay the entire balance. If you reside in the province of Quebec, your minimum payment will correspond to 5% of the credit card account balance plus any overdue payment or $10, whichever amount is higher. If you reside outside of Quebec, your minimum payment represents 2.5% of the credit card account balance plus any overdue payment or $10, whichever amount is higher. Account statement: A statement is sent monthly.
Examples of credit charges
Example of credit charges over a 30-day period:
|Annual interest rate||Average balance|
3. Balance transfers and cash advances are subject to credit approval by National Bank. Each balance transfer must be at least $250.
4. Exclusively available to holders of the World Elite Mastercard. Visitors must present their credit card and boarding pass to access the National Bank VIP Lounge. Since April 3, 2019, the National Bank VIP Lounge is only available to clients travelling to international destinations (excluding Canada and U.S. flights). Guests cannot spend more than three (3) hours in the Lounge. For National Bank clients who do not have free Lounge access and for additional guests, admission is around $40 for adults and $25 for children, plus tax. Admission is free for children under three years old. The entry price may change at any time without notice and at the discretion of the Lounge operator.
5. Exclusively available to holders of the World Elite Mastercard. Clients must submit required documents within the given deadline. Certain conditions may apply. Only the primary cardholder (“Cardholder”) of National Bank World Elite Mastercard whose account is in good standing can request a refund of travel expenses. An account in good standing refers to an account linked to a credit card which complies with the Agreement governing the use of the credit card and which is not subject to any restrictions. For example, the annual fees related to the credit card must have been paid in full. The maximum amount that can be submitted for reimbursement between January 1 and December 31 of each year is $250. Eligible expenses include: airport parking fees (maximum $100), baggage fees (maximum $100) and seat selection fees (maximum $50). The claim must be submitted within 60 days of the purchase date and accompanied by proof of purchase. The travel fees must be charged to the National Bank World Elite Mastercard credit card. The maximum reimbursement amount is $250 per account. The refund will be issued within 7 business days following the request approval date and after receiving all required information. An amount not claimed in a year cannot be carried over to the following year. For more information or to obtain the refund form, sign in to rewards.nbc.ca, click the Refund of travel expenses tab and complete the form, you can also call 18882968881 (toll-free) in Canada and the United States, or +14167343922 (collect) from anywhere in the world.
6. This coverage applies to purchases and rentals charged in part to the card, except out-of-province medical/hospital insurance for which the travel arrangements need not be charged to the card, and lost or delayed luggage insurance where all transportation costs must be charged to the card. This coverage applies to the primary cardholder, their spouse and/or dependent children when they (spouse and/or dependent children) travel with the primary cardholder. Extended warranty coverage applies to most new items purchased with the card, in Canada or abroad, as long as the manufacturer's warranty is valid in Canada. Certain conditions and restrictions apply. For more information and for details of your insurance coverage, please consult the insurance certificate associated with your card.
7. For more information, consult the Mastercard Priceless Cities page on our website.
8. You'll receive an answer confirming whether you've been approved or declined. Note that if your request is being processed, we'll prompt you for additional information.