If you go from a monthly payment to a biweekly or weekly payment, you will pay back the borrowed capital of your mortgage more quickly and pay less interest in total.
Curious about how much you could save by increasing the frequency of your payments?1 Do the math!
If your loan is closed, you can not repay it completely before maturity, without paying additional fees to the bank.
To make an early repayment or to calculate how much a full or partial refund would cost, visit your online bank or mobile app
➔ Repaying $100 = 12,000 points6.
Discover eligible cards.
Already have a Rewards Plan credit card? Call us to make a payment.
Situations where fees apply
You'll have to pay a mortgage prepayment charge if you:
To learn more, you can visit the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) website.
Applicable fees by loan type
|Loan type||Prepayment charge|
Fixed-rate mortgage loan
The higher of:
Variable-rate mortgage loan
3 months' interest
TM National Bank All-In-One is a trademark of National Bank of Canada.
® À LA CARTE REWARDS PLAN is a registered trademark of National Bank.
1. As of the second request to change payment frequency, fees may apply.
2. Accrued interest will be calculated if the payment(s) is(are) not made on the scheduled payment date.
3. Certain restrictions apply. Please consult your loan contract.
4. It is the responsibility of the customer to analyze his financial situation to identify, among other things, the possible tax consequences, his eligibility for the investment product and the restrictions on the prepayment of the principal of a mortgage loan under his credit agreement.
5. Certain restrictions apply. Please consult the rules governing reward points under Rewards plan.
6. The number of points required for any À la carte Extra is subject to change without notice.