by your dedicated advisor
to help you realize your life goals
on your banking services
for businesses and incorporated healthcare professionals
Save big with our lines of credit and mortgages at very advantageous rates.
Risk management for physicians has several components. National Bank Planning and Employee Benefits stands out for its multidisciplinary business model and offers a portfolio of complementary solutions to address your financial security concerns. Speak to your advisor.
The promotional offer is valid from August 3, 2020 to November 30, 2020 (“promotional period”).
The offer is intended for all persons without any chequing account at National Bank.
The offer may be modified, extended, or withdrawn without prior notice at any time. You must have reached the age of majority at the time of your enrollment in the covered products. Employees of National Bank and its subsidiaries and entities are not eligible.
The offer may not be combined or used with any other National Bank offer, promotion or benefit and cannot be applied retroactively. There is a limit of one cashback per eligible product during this promotion. The client cannot benefit of the offer more than once. Only the primary account holder is eligible for the offer. The actual secondary account holders that open a new account are not eligible to the offer. The cashback amount varies according to the conditions fulfilled.
To be eligible to the offer you must open a new chequing account with an eligible package described below or sign up to an Offer for Professionals or an Offer for Students and fulfill the conditions.
|Eligible products||1st Cashback after opening an eligible chequing account||Additional cashback with a recurring and automatic direct deposit to the account||Maximum and total Cashback|
|Offers for Professionals & Offer for Students||$50||+$50||$100|
1st Cashback conditions.
After opening your new chequing account and choose an eligible product you must:
Conditions to obtain the additional cashback.
You benefit of 60 days following the chequing account opening to meet the offer conditions and obtain the cashback.
Cashbacks will be done in one (1) deposit in your new National Bank chequing account within 120 days of the opening date of your chequing account.
To be granted the cashback, you must maintain the eligible products and services, and not make any changes related to these products and services for a minimum of 12 months after signing up for them. If you do not meet this condition, you will have to repay to the Bank an amount corresponding to the period in which you did not keep your eligible products and services, within 30 days of receiving the request for payment.
Clients who have benefit from a cashback offer on their chequing account since November 1st 2017 are not eligible to this offer.
1. For more details, consult the Fee Guide.
2. Transactions carried out at our ABMs, a participating merchant, through our online banking services (including our call centre) or those related to certain operations in your account.
3. Transactions carried out at our branches during normal business hours.
4. Subject to credit approval by National Bank. Certain conditions apply. Grace period: No interest will be charged on purchases made during the month, provided the client pays the balance in full within twenty-one (21) days of the statement date. This grace period does not apply to cash advances or balance transfers. Minimum payment: If your account balance is lower than $10, you must pay the entire balance. If you reside in the province of Quebec, your minimum payment will correspond to 5% of the credit card account balance plus any overdue payment or $10, whichever amount is higher. If you reside outside of Quebec, your minimum payment represents 2.5% of the credit card account balance plus any overdue payment or $10, whichever amount is higher. Account statement: A statement is sent monthly.
Examples of credit charges
Example of credit charges over a 30-day period:
Annual interest rate
*Variable interest rate in effect on July 1, 2020
5. Balance transfer and cash advance are subject to credit approval by National Bank. Each balance transfer must be at least $250.
6. Some restrictions apply. To redeem your points, you must first pay for your trip in full using an eligible credit card. The travel credit will take effect approximately 72 hours after you redeem your points. For more information, see the applicable rules for the accumulation of points specified in the Rewards plan section.
7. Only the primary cardholder (Cardholder) of National Bank World Elite Mastercard whose account is in good standing can request a travel reimbursement. An account in good standing refers to an account linked to a credit card which complies with the Agreement governing the use of the credit card and which is not subject to any restrictions. For example, the annual fees related to the credit card must have been paid in full. The maximum amount that can be submitted for reimbursement between January 1 and December 31 of each year is $250. Eligible expenses include: airport parking fees (maximum $100), baggage fees (maximum $100) and seat selection fees (maximum $50). The claim must be submitted within 60 days of the purchase date and accompanied by proof of purchase. The travel fees must be charged to the National Bank World Elite Mastercard credit card. The maximum reimbursement amount is $250 per account. The refund will be issued within 7 business days following the request approval date and after receiving all required information. An amount not claimed in a year cannot be carried over to the following year. For more information or to obtain the refund form, sign in to rewards.nbc.ca, click the Smart Traveller Fees tab and complete the form, you can also call 1‑888‑296‑8881 (toll-free) in Canada and the United States, or +1‑416‑734‑3922 (collect) from anywhere in the world.
8. Exclusively available to holders of the World Elite Mastercard. Visitors must present their credit card and boarding pass to access the National Bank VIP Lounge. Further to a decision by Aéroports de Montréal, the National Bank VIP Lounge will only be available to clients flying to destinations outside the U.S. and Canada, effective April 3, 2019. Guests cannot spend more than three (3) hours in the Lounge. For National Bank clients who do not have free Lounge access and for additional guests, admission is around $40 for adults and $25 for children, plus tax. Admission is free for children under three years old. The entry price may change at any time without notice and at the discretion of the Lounge operator.
9. Subject to credit approval by National Bank. Upon receipt of each statement, the borrower must pay a minimum installment to the Bank that corresponds to the sum of the interest and insurance premiums charged to the account for the period covered by the statement, and any other amount required to ensure the account's debit balance does not exceed the credit limit. This minimum installment must be made without using the line of credit.
10. This offer must be renewed annually upon presenting identification and proof of your professional status.
Monthly account statement. No management fees. The Personal Flex Line rate is established by the prime rate, plus a spread established by the client’s credit history. As a guideline, the applicable rate for a typical Personal Flex Line is comprised of the prime rate + 2.75%. Once an amount is borrowed from the line of credit, it accrues interest. The minimum monthly payment is limited to the monthly interest and life insurance premiums (as applicable). Examples of credit fees calculated over a 30-day period at the applicable rate as at March 31, 2020.
|Typical Personal Flex Line
|Prime rate (2.45%)
The typical Personal Flex Line is a faithful representation of all Personal Flex Lines of credit offered by National Bank. Note that the prime rate can change. For more information on the current rate, please visit nbc.ca/primerate.
11. This offer must be renewed annually upon presenting identification and proof of your professional status.
Subject to credit approval by National Bank. Certain conditions apply. Interest rate on the All-In-One (line of credit portion) as at October 25, 2018: 2.45% + 1%.
This rate is variable and corresponds to Prime + 1% and is one of the lowest rates on the market. "Prime" means the annual variable interest rate posted by National Bank from time to time, used by the Bank to determine the interest rates on the demand loans it grants in Canadian dollars in Canada. Consult the prime rate webpage to find out the day's rate.
® Interac and Interac e-Transfer are registered trademarks of Interac Inc. Used under licence
® Mastercard, World Elite and CIRRUS are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. National Bank of Canada is an authorized user.
® National Bank, the National Bank logo, National Bank Business Central, and the National Bank VIP Lounge are registered trademarks of National Bank of Canada.
TM Personal Flex Line, All-In-One, and National Bank All-In-One are registered trademarks of National Bank of Canada.