Whether you are moving to Canada for work or school, or have already arrived in the country, National Bank can direct you to the financial products you will need to make your ideas a reality in your new country.
An offer tailored to your needs
Take advantage of an offer designed to help you start off on the right foot.
Chequing account with no monthly fees for the first 12 months1
This package includes the following unlimited transactions:
- Client Card purchases using the Interac®, NYCE®1 and Maestro®2,2 networks
- Cheques and pre-authorized debits
- Transactions made at the teller or at a National Bank ABM3 (withdrawals, transfers, withdrawals for bill payment)
- Transactions via our Digital Banking Solutions4
What documents will you need? Get ready.
A MasterCard®3 credit card
To make your transition easier, you can access a MasterCard credit card even if you have no credit history.5 By using this credit card, you can quickly build a credit history, making it easier for your to carry out your projects. In Canada, your credit history is taken into account when you apply for a mortgage, auto financing, or any other loan.
We would like to offer you an Edition®4 card with cashback or a Platinum MasterCard, which also includes insurance. Visit a National Bank branch to apply.
Discount on safety deposit box rental
To enable you to store your valuable assets securely, we offer a 50% discount on safety deposit box rental6 the first year. Safeguard your important documents and valuables to guarantee your peace of mind.
Complementary services to help you get settled
Get all the information you need to manage your finances and start off on the right foot.
The ABCs of the Canadian banking system
Managing your money wisely in Canada
You have an important amount of money saved? There are several investment options available in Canada to help you make your money grow.
Starting up a business in Canada
Do you have an innovative business idea? You would like to make it happen? Ask yourself some questions before starting a business in Canada.
To sign up for a program, obtain more information on credit cards, or learn more about our financing products and any other service that could help you get settled in Canada, come meet with one of our branch advisors.
If you are still outside Canada but would like to talk to a National Bank advisor, call 1 888 4TelNat (1 888 483-5628) from 6:00 am to midnight (Canadian eastern time) , 7 days a week.
1. Represents savings of $14.95 per month. The fee exemption period will begin once the chequing account is opened. Twelve months after the account is opened, the regular fee in effect will automatically be charged to the account.
2. For details concerning transactions carried out in foreign currencies, refer to the Agreement Governing the Use of Automated and Electronic Banking Solutions, available in branches and at www.nbc.ca. Transactions carried out in a foreign currency other than the U.S. dollar will first be converted into U.S. dollars and then into Canadian dollars.
3. User fees for Interac® ABMs and outlets and the CIRRUS®4 ABM network are not included. No additional fees are charged for the use of THE EXCHANGE®5 ABM network.
4. Online, mobile and TelNat telephone transactions (transfers between transaction accounts held by the same person and bill payments).
5. Subject to credit approval by National Bank of Canada. Certain conditions apply.
6. Minimum 12-month rental in Canada. After that period, the regular fees in effect will apply. Certain conditions apply; clients must be eligible for a safety deposit box. Subject to availability. Please ask for details at your branch.
7. The online foreign currency ordering service is offered to National Bank clients who have a personal bank account in Canadian dollars at National Bank, reside in Canada and have signed up for our Internet Banking Solutions. The following currencies can be ordered via Internet Banking Solutions: USD, EUR, MXN, GBP, CHF, JPY, CNY, AUD. For applicable exchange rates, consult the table of exchange rates.
® Registered trademark of Interac Inc.
®1 Registered trademark of NYCE Corporation.
®2 Maestro is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Inc. Currency conversion fees apply.
®3 MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Inc. used under licence by National Bank of Canada.
®4 Registered trademark of MasterCard International Inc.
TM5 Registered Trademark of Fiserv Inc.