WELCOME TO CANADA PROGRAM FOR NEWCOMERS
Let’s help you settle in Canada
Whether you’re planning a permanent move, coming to work or study, or have already arrived in the country, National Bank is here to help you get settled in Canada:
- HelloCanadaTM, our assistance service exclusively for newcomers to Canada.
- A range of financial products to help you start making your plans a reality.
HelloCanadaTM: National Bank assistance service for Newcomers
There’s a lot to think about before moving to a new country.
- What does the immigration process involve?
- Will your qualifications be recognized?
- How do you find somewhere to live?
- What’s a credit score?
To help you get answers to all your questions—even the ones that have nothing to do with banking—National Bank brings you
It offers you 12 months of support from the day your account is opened. Our agents are here to make your move to Canada easier.
A banking package specially designed for newcomers to Canada
Take advantage of an offer designed to help you start off on the right foot.
Chequing account with no monthly fees for the first 12 months1
This package includes the following unlimited transactions:
- Client Card purchases using the Interac®, NYCE®1 and Maestro®2,2 networks
- Cheques and pre-authorized debits
- Transactions made at the teller or at a National Bank ABM3 (withdrawals, transfers, withdrawals for bill payment)
- Transactions via our Digital Banking Solutions4
What documents will you need? Get ready.
A MasterCard®3 credit card
To make your transition easier, you can access a MasterCard credit card even if you have no credit history.5 By using this credit card, you can quickly build a credit history, making it easier for your to carry out your projects. In Canada, your credit history is taken into account when you apply for a mortgage, auto financing, or any other loan.
We would like to offer you an Edition®4 card with cashback or a Platinum MasterCard, which also includes insurance. Visit a National Bank branch to apply.
Discount on safety deposit box rental
To enable you to store your valuable assets securely, we offer a 50% discount on safety deposit box rental6 the first year. Safeguard your important documents and valuables to guarantee your peace of mind.
More useful services
Are you ready to start your new life?
Take a look at our advice to help get your plans off the ground.
The ABCs of the Canadian banking system
Managing your money wisely in Canada
Do you have a significant amount of money saved? There are several investment options available in Canada to help you make your money grow.
Starting up a business in Canada
Would you like to turn an innovative business idea into reality? Here's what you need to know to start up a business in Canada!
To sign up for a program, obtain more information on credit cards, or learn more about our financing products and any other service that could help you get settled in Canada, come meet with one of our branch advisors.
If you are still outside Canada but would like to talk to a National Bank advisor, call 1 888 4TelNat (1 888 483-5628) from 6:00 am to midnight (Canadian eastern time) , 7 days a week.
1 This content is made available for information purposes only. It is not legally binding and does not have any legal force or effect on the Bank, its affiliates, National Bank Assistance Network or service providers. The content of the programs and the conditions described are subject to change.
2. For details concerning transactions carried out in foreign currencies, refer to the Agreement Governing the Use of Automated and Electronic Banking Solutions, available in branches and at www.nbc.ca. Transactions carried out in a foreign currency other than the U.S. dollar will first be converted into U.S. dollars and then into Canadian dollars.
3. User fees for Interac® ABMs and outlets and the CIRRUS®4 ABM network are not included. No additional fees are charged for the use of THE EXCHANGE®5 ABM network.
4. Online, mobile and TelNat telephone transactions (transfers between transaction accounts held by the same person and bill payments).
5. Subject to credit approval by National Bank of Canada. Certain conditions apply.
6. Minimum 12-month rental in Canada. After that period, the regular fees in effect will apply. Certain conditions apply; clients must be eligible for a safety deposit box. Subject to availability. Please ask for details at your branch.
7. The online foreign currency ordering service is offered to National Bank clients who have a personal bank account in Canadian dollars at National Bank, reside in Canada and have signed up for our Internet Banking Solutions. The following currencies can be ordered via Internet Banking Solutions: USD, EUR, MXN, GBP, CHF, JPY, CNY, AUD. For applicable exchange rates, consult the table of exchange rates.
® Registered trademark of Interac Inc.
®1 Registered trademark of NYCE Corporation.
®2 Maestro is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Inc. Currency conversion fees apply.
®3 MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Inc. used under licence by National Bank of Canada.
®4 Registered trademark of MasterCard International Inc.
TM5 Registered Trademark of Fiserv Inc.