No flat monthly fee
for up to 3 years
Exclusive assistance service
Mastercard® credit card
without credit history
Offer valid for
up to 5 years
for temporary or permanent residents
Apply for a bank account online.
Transfer money from your foreign bank account, if you want to.
Once you arrive, meet with an advisor to receive your debit card.
Simplify your banking with our range of innovative products and services.
With 450 branches and over 3,330 automatic banking machines6 across Canada, we're available wherever you are.
Need help settling in? Contact our experts for advice on housing, work, visas, education or anything else you need to know.
Baseline savings of $317.16 over three years
Save a minimum of $317.16 over three years if you meet the following conditions :
Savings of $317.16 based on:
The full flat monthly fee of $14.95 will be applied to your banking package from the fourth year. To be eligible for savings, you must commit to keeping the account and package for a minimum of 36 months. You will receive no further discounts if the products are cancelled.
Maximum savings of $650.18 over three years
Save up to $650.18 over three years if you meet the following conditions:
Savings of $650.18 over three years based on:
The full flat monthly fee of $14.95 will be applied to your banking package from the fourth year.
Note on savings
To enjoy the full savings, you must keep the products and services and carry out all required transactions for a minimum of 36 months, unless otherwise indicated. If you fail to meet the conditions of the offer, your savings will be lower. Your savings will be lower if you do not order cheques or rent a safety deposit box.
If during a given month, you keep your bank account and banking package, but do not keep all of the other products and services indicated or do not carry out all of the required transactions (e.g. only one electronic bill payment per month instead of two), you will be charged National Bank's service fee for that month. The service fee will be $7.48 monthly the second year and $11.21 the third. You will still enjoy monthly savings of $7.47 during the second year and $3.74 during the third.
Finally, if you no longer hold a bank account or banking package for newcomers, you will no longer be eligible for savings.
™ National Bank Assistance Network is a trademark of National Bank of Canada, used under licence by authorized third parties.
® Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Authorized user: National Bank.
® THE EXCHANGE is a registered trademark of Fiserv Inc.
1. Our banking offer for newcomers is available to immigrants who have been living in Canada for less than 5 years. See the Details and conditions of the offer for the full terms and conditions. The offer may be modified, extended or withdrawn, without prior notice, at any time. The offer may not be combined or used with any other National Bank offer, promotion or benefit. Fees may apply for transactions not included in the banking offer for newcomers. For more information on transaction fees, see our Guide to Personal Banking Solutions [PDF].
2. Telephone assistance service offered by National Bank Assistance Network, valid for 12 months from your account opening date. The content of the packages and terms described are subject to change.
3. Financing subject to credit approval by National Bank. Certain conditions apply. Eligible credit cards:mycredit, MC1, Allure, Syncro, Platinum, ECHO Cashback, World and World Elite.
4. Security deposit may be required under certain circumstances.
5. Financing subject to credit approval by National Bank. Certain conditions apply.
6. National Bank ABMs or ABMs in THE EXCHANGEMD network
7. Eligible electronic payments: payments made via ABMs, pre-authorized debits and digital banking solutions (including payments through National Bank online or the National Bank mobile app).
8. Shipping fees and taxes not included.
9. The promotional offer is valid from May 27, 2019 to October 31st, 2019.
The offer is intended for all persons without any checking account at National Bank.
To qualify, you must open a checking account associated with the Offer for Newcomers and sign up for the below eligible products by identifying yourself at a National Bank branch during the promotional period. You must have reached the age of majority at the time of your enrollment in the covered products.
The offer may be modified, extended, or withdrawn without prior notice at any time. Employees of National Bank and its subsidiaries and entities are not eligible. Clients who have benefit from a cashback offer on their checking account since November 1st 2017 are not eligible to this offer.
The offer may not be combined or used with any other National Bank offer, promotion or benefit and cannot be applied retroactively. There is a limit of one cashback per subscribed product during this promotion. The client cannot benefit of the offer more than once. Only the primary account holder is eligible for the offer. The actual secondary account holders that open a new account are not eligible to the offer. The cashback amount varies according to the conditions fulfilled.
To be eligible for the Chequing account offer and get up to $100 cashback, you must open a new Chequing account linked to the Offer for Newcomers and meet the promotional offer conditions.
1st Cashback of $50 conditions.
After opening your new checking account and choose an eligible product you must:
- Sign up to online banking and to online statement
- Carry out at least one eligible transaction in your new bank account. (Interest charges and banking fees charged to the account are not considered eligible transactions.)
Conditions to double up the cashback offer (total of $100).
Use a specimen cheque to set up recurring direct deposits of your pay or monthly retirement pension. You can get a copy online or at a branch.
- Online: Sign up to your online bank. Once signed in, select the account into which you want to deposit your funds, and go to the Option section of the account. Click on Download a cheque sample.
- At a branch: Visit your branch and ask for a specimen cheque or letter confirming your account information.
You benefit of 60 days following the checking account opening to meet the offer conditions and obtain the cashback.
Cashbacks will be done in one (1) deposit in your new National Bank checking account within 120 days of the opening date for the subscribed products.
To be granted the cashback, you must maintain the eligible products and services, and not make any changes related to these products and services for a minimum of 12 months after signing up for them. If you do not meet this condition, you will have to repay to the Bank an amount corresponding to the period in which you did not keep your eligible products and services, within 30 days of receiving the request for payment.