Accounts and Packages
In order to meet your different needs, National Bank brings you an array of solutions designed to facilitate your day-to-day banking: bank accounts, flexible packages and convenient services.
Direct deposit: A quick, convenient and advantageous solution!
Direct deposit is a quick and reliable way for you to access your funds. With direct deposit, payments are automatically made to the bank account you designate and the funds are instantly accessible. This eliminates the risk of lost or stolen cheques.
The federal government is phasing out cheques in favour of direct deposit
The Government of Canada is phasing out cheques in favour of direct deposit. You can sign up for direct deposit for the following payments:
- Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB)
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)/Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) Credits
- Government of Canada Annuities
- Old Age Security (OAS)
- Tax Refunds
- Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB)
- Veterans Allowance and Benefits
How to sign up for direct deposit?
Complete the direct deposit enrolment form on the Receiver General for Canada website at directdeposit.gc.ca
For more information, call 1-800-593-1666.
Once you’ve signed up for direct deposit, the government payments you specify will be deposited directly to your bank account.
If you have any questions about direct deposit, do not hesitate to contact one of our TelNat customer service representatives at 1-888-483-5628 (toll free) or 514-394-5555.
Our electronic solutions allow you to manage your accounts with flexibility. Whether you use your Smart Client Card, our Mobile Banking Solutions or our Internet Banking Solutions, you can conduct your business securely and obtain financial information wherever you are, from your computer or smart phone.
National Bank code: 006
SWIFT code: BNDCCAMMINT
Plan your travel
Whether you travel for business or pleasure, whether you're staying in Canada or going out of the country, a little planning can make a big difference. Plan your travel kit and order your currency online.
- User Agreement: automated services and electronic banking solutions
- Fees - Your Guide to Personal banking Solutions
- General Information and Agreement
- Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC)
- List of accounts, packages and programs still active but no longer offered
- Our Access to Funds Policy
- Basic Banking Services at National Bank of Canada
- Coercive tied selling ( 167 kB, 2 pages)
- Phase out of the penny (from February 4, 2013)
- The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) has an Account Selector tool that lets consumers compare bank accounts. For more information, consult the Account selector tool section of the FCAC website.