Managed Solutions & Mutual Funds
Discover our National Bank Investments Managed Solutions, turnkey investments that allow you to delegate certain tasks such as tracking market developments, monitoring portfolio managers, rebalancing your portfolio tactically or strategically and carrying out other activities that require both time and expertise. You'll also find information about our line-up of NBI Funds.
Information and Documents
Our Managed Solutions are turnkey solutions that offer excellent diversification as well as our managers’ services that work on your behalf to rebalance your investments so that you earn optimum returns. This strategy helps you stay in line with your investment profile while respecting your investment objectives. Whether you are opening your first savings account or are ready to develop a withdrawal strategy for your retirement savings, we offer you solutions for every stage of your life.
- Minimum investment: $500
- Strategic asset allocation with the use of NBI funds managed by our selection of some of the world’s top investment portfolio managers.
- Possible use of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) in order to capitalize on short-term opportunities.
- Use of hedging instruments to protect Portfolios against currency risk.
NBI Private Wealth Management
Offered by our subsidiary, National Bank Investments, the NBI Private Wealth Management service is for individuals who have over $250,000 in assets to invest and want a comprehensive discretionary portfolio management service. A team of managers is always working for you, to make the right decisions with respect to securities selection and in light of market developments. Our disciplined and structured investment approach proposes a dynamic, effective portfolio management style that yields results to achieve your objectives and ensure your peace of mind.
Private Banking 1859
NBI Portfolios – Retirement Option
- Minimum investment: $500
- Looking for a steady flow of monthly income during retirement? NBI Portfolios are available for investors seeking retirement income solutions.
- It is possible for NBI Portfolio holders to opt for the retirement option, without any tax impact and without having to adapt their profile.
* NBI Funds (including the NBI Portfolio”) and NBI Private Wealth Management are offered by National Bank Investments Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of National Bank of Canada. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual funds investments and the use of an asset allocation service (such as NBI Private Wealth Management). Please read the prospectus of the mutual funds or that of the funds composing the NBI Private Wealth Management profiles before making an investment. The funds securities are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer. For the money market fund, there can be no assurances that the fund will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of the investment in a fund will be returned. The funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. In respect of NBI Private Wealth Management, investors will enter into an agreement with National Bank Investments Inc., which retains the services of National Bank Trust Inc. or Natcan Trust Company as portfolio managers, giving them the authority to select, add or remove NBI Funds composing the NBI Private Wealth Management profiles. The service fees for NBI Private Wealth Management are calculated on a declining scale according to the value of the assets held in the account. All distributions made by a fund included in the profiles of NBI Private Wealth Management will be automatically reinvested for you. Conditions and minimums amounts apply for purchase, redemption and rebalancing.
Income solutions are composed, namely, of NBI Portfolios (R and R-2 Series) and NBI Private Wealth Management – Retirement Option, which invest in NBI Funds (R or NR Series). Units of R, R-2 or NR Series make monthly distributions composed of net income and may include a significant return of capital component. A return of capital reduces the value of your original investment and is not the same as the return on your investment. Returns of capital that are not reinvested may reduce the net asset value of the portfolio and the portfolio’s subsequent ability to generate income.
The distribution amount is said to be fixed for each NBI Portfolio and NBI Fund (R, R-2 and NR Series) composing the profiles NBI Private Wealth Management as it does not vary from one distribution to the next. However, it is not guaranteed and may vary according to market conditions. The total amount of the distribution is weighted according to each of the funds constituting the profiles of NBI Private Wealth Management and may vary due to rebalancing and tactical deviation. The distribution targets for NBI Funds and NBI Portfolios (R, R-2 and NR Series) are reviewed annually in January. Distributions for R, R-2 and NR Series are composed of net income and may include a significant return of capital component.
NBI Funds offer you many advantages including diversification, a wide range of available solutions, liquidity, and professional management. Used on their own or as part of your investment strategies, they are flexible enough to be tailored to your financial situation. Whether you are looking for your first savings account or are ready to develop a withdrawal strategy for your retirement savings, we can offer you solutions for every stage of your life.
NBI Portfolios - Retirement Option
Short Term and Income Funds
Fund profiles in PDF format
- NBI Short Term Canadian Income Fund
- NBI Tactical Mortgage & Income Fund
- NBI Floating Rate Income Fund
- NBI Bond Fund
- NBI Income Fund
- NBI Corporate Bond Fund
- NBI Dividend Fund
- NBI Global Tactical Bond Fund
- NBI Global Tactical Bond Fund - R
- NBI Global Bond Fund
- NBI Unconstrained Fixed Income Fund
- NBI High Yield Bond Fund
- NBI Preferred Equity Income Fund
- NBI Preferred Equity Fund
Canadian Equity Funds
Global Equity Funds
Fund profiles in PDF format
- NBI SmartBeta Global Equity Fund
- NBI Global Equity Fund
- NBI Global Diversified Equity Fund
- NBI Global Real Assets Income Fund
- NBI U.S. Dividend Fund
- NBI SmartData U.S.
- NBI U.S. Equity Fund
- NBI SmartData International Equity Fund
- NBI Westwood Emerging Markets Fund
NBI Funds (the “Funds”) are offered by National Bank Investments Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of National Bank of Canada. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus of the Funds before investing.
The Funds’ securities are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer. For the money market fund, there can be no assurances that the fund will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of the investment in a fund will be returned. The Funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
Good financial planning helps you achieve your savings goals. Whether you are accumulating funds for your enterprise or liquidities to invest later on for a particular project, or even saving up for an emergency fund, consider using one of our liquidity solutions.
Altamira High-Interest CashPerformer® account
The Altamira High-Interest CashPerformer® account is a bank account bearing interest at a high interest rate that offers you a competitive return on your liquidity. Interest is calculated daily on your account balance, and paid monthly, or when you demand repayment of your investment, by way of credit to your account.
The Altamira High-Interest CashPerformer® account is offered by National Bank of Canada through National Bank Investments Inc. (NBI), a wholly owned subsidiary of National Bank of Canada. National Bank of Canada is a member of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC). Deposits in Canadian dollars are eligible for CDIC insurance, subject to CDIC rules and regulations. Coverage limits apply. Please contact the CDIC for more information. As deposits in U.S. dollars are not eligible for CDIC insurance, deposits to the U.S.-dollar Altamira High-Interest CashPerformer® account are not insured.
CashPerformer® is a registered trademark of National Bank of Canada, used under licence by National Bank Investments Inc.
Money market funds
Money market funds invest depositors’ savings in short-term securities such as Treasury bills, short-term bonds and banker’s acceptances. The objective of a money market fund is capital security and steady income. As an added benefit, the risk level is very low.
Fund profiles in PDF format
- Have you thought about signing up for our Systematic Investment Plan?
It is an easy way to invest in liquidity solutions, by having withdrawals made automatically from your bank account. You can start with as little as $25 per withdrawal. The strategy is simple and effective for building up your savings.
- Have you thought about a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)?
This type of account is used for saving, mainly for short- and medium-term projects. Eligible investments include shares, mutual funds or GICs.