Your international transfer may fail for a number of reasons:
· Transfer declined: The recipient's financial institution declines the transfer.
· Exchange rate expired: The exchange rate applied when you authorized the transfer is no longer valid.
· Currency not accepted: The currency the transfer is in is not accepted.
· Transfer amount too high: The transfer amount exceeds the authorized limit ($10,000 per transaction, $70,000 per week or $125,000 per month).
· Transfer limit exceeded: You've reached your maximum number of transfers.
· Incorrect IBAN: The IBAN entered is invalid.
· Technical issue: A technical problem is preventing the transfer.