1. For more details, consult the Fee Guide.
2. Transactions carried out at our ABMs, a participating merchant, through our online banking services (including our call centre) or those related to certain operations in your account.
3. Transactions carried out at our branches during normal business hours.
4. If you do not have one of the packages (The Connected, The Total, The Modest, The Minimalist, or the offer for professionals or students) or if you exceed the number of transactions included in your package, a fee of $1 may apply when you send money via Interac e-Transfer. The transfer must be sent to a bank account held at a participating Canadian financial institution. Refer to the Guide to Personal Banking Solutions for more information.
5. The cashback on the annual fees for a Mastercard credit card can only be applied one time, at enrollment.
TM THE CONNECTED and THE TOTAL are trademarks of National Bank of Canada.
® THE MODEST and NATIONAL BANK are trademarks of National Bank of Canada.
® The Interac and Interac e-Transfer are registered trademarks of Interac Corp. Used under licence.
® MASTERCARD is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Inc. Authorized user: National Bank.
TM Apple Pay, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and MacBook Pro are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Inc. is not a sponsor of or participant in National Bank Mobile Banking Solutions.
TM Android, Google Play, Google Pay, and the Android logo are trademarks of Google LLC. The use of these trademarks is subject to Google Inc.’s authorization policy.
The passbook option has not been available to new clients since May 4, 2015. If you are an existing client who uses a passbook with your account, a $2.50 monthly fee is charged.
For the fees associated with our products and services, consult the Fee Guide [PDF].
Contract governing personal deposit and investment accounts
For more information on the terms and conditions governing your new account, consult the Contract governing personal deposit and investment accounts document [PDF].
Basic banking services
For the terms and conditions governing whether a person may open an account or cash cheques and other items from the federal government, consult our guide to Basic Banking Services [PDF].
Access to funds policy
For details of our cheque hold policy, see the Access to Funds Policy [PDF].
Coercive tied selling
To understand what coercive tied selling is and what is not allowed, consult our pamphlet What you need to know about coercive tied selling [PDF].
Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation
Please refer to our page about Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC)
FCAC account selector tool
Discover the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC)’s account selector tool to compare bank accounts.