Help centre

What do I need to enroll for direct deposits?

To register to receive direct deposits from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) or Revenu Québec, you must have of one of the following accounts:

If you don’t have one of these accounts, you can open one now.

To be eligible for CRA direct deposits, you have to have filed a tax return.

Finally, you must have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN). This is required for the CRA and Revenu Québec to process your request. 
Social Insurance Numbers that start with 0 are not eligible for direct deposits. If this applies to you, contact the government for more information:

Ready to register for direct deposit?
Follow these steps to register for direct deposits.

Related questions

Picto of two text bubbles

Chat with our virtual assistant

Ask a question for immediate answers to your questions, available 24/7